finding a post

Jun 5th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

finding a post

I want to send friends to my posting here of my recent trip, but no matter what I put into the search box, the post does not appear. I'm convinced I did not create the post correctly to begin with. As the trip included two countries, I did not select a "topic." The title is:
Trip Report: May 2005, London, Cotswolds, Paris. I've tried putting words within the text into the search box, but still my post does not come up on the list on the left hand side of the screen. Any suggestions?
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM

I clicked on your name, and the titles of all of your posts appeared at the left.

Then I clicked on the trip report. When it loaded, I right-clicked on its title at the top of this column and copied it here:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34628959
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:28 AM

Did you try clicking on your name? If you click on the underlined in blue name of anyone, whatever they posted comes up in the left hand side. As I post this, the posting U R looking for is about 4 below this one. Good luck. Let us know if you locate it.
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. Giving people the direct address makes the most sense. Much appreciated.
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:12 PM

Another option is to click on "e-mail this thread", which is next to "post a reply".
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:40 PM
rex

See also http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34628805 - - luvtotravel.

I know that you're not a "newbie"... I'm often struck at how often it's evident that others don't know this simplest of tips, because Fodors fails to tell new registrants about it. They're the ones that need it the most; I feel like you can see it here all the time - a new registrant posts a question and never appears here again - - can't help but assume that it's related to being unable to find their initial post.

I wish everone would write to [email protected] about this. Or just e-mail this thread. It rather poignantly says it all.

Best wishes,

Rex