Feria week hotel help!!!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi the hotels that I have inquired about the last week of April all appear to have a four night minimum, but my plans only include a two night stay in Seville at beginning of trip and then two at the end. Does anybody know if all lodging places have this four night minimum during this time period?? Looks like we may have to leave Seville and stay in Arcos or something. ANy suggestions appreciated!!!!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 10:32 AM

prepster,
You need olga's wonderful help here, as she's our resident expert on Seville lodging.
Just a thought, while we wait for her:

Have your tried the new Hotel Adriano behind the bullring or these 3 Santa Cruz quarter hotels: the Hosteria del Laurel, the Alcantara or the YH Giralda?
Their feria rates are moderate compared to those places that hike the tariff well above 200 euros for Feria and Semana Santa (called the "extra season&quot.
Our favorite hotels do have a 4 day min. for Semana Santa and Feria, so I won't post them.
Don't know how much you want to spend, but you could stay in a cortijo/hacienda outside of Seville and train or bus in-not the best option, but an option at least. And there's a hotel outside of town which belongs to the Casas y Palacios group that is olga's company, a sister hotel to her Casas de los Mercaderes and the Casas de la Juderia.
Look for a nearby cortijo at www.rusticae.com
or www.innsofspain.com
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 11:08 AM

prepster,
One more thought while we await olga's expertise...

There's also Carmona, just an hr. bus ride away, if you really get stuck with that 4 day minimum. Busses don't run back to Carmona all that late, and the fun of feria lasts until way into the early morning, but Carmon is within "commuting" distance. There's the Alcazar de la Reina hotel there. Also from Alcala de Guadaira, closer to Sevilla, you can use public transportation. You could check the Hotel Oromana there. See both at
www.travel-in-spain.com
But I don't know how much you want to spend.

Rusticae represents the Hacienda de Oran in Utrera, which is a short 30 min. commuter train ride away.
But I think olga's company's (Intergroup) hotel is much closer, in a Seville suburb (can't for the life of me remember the hotel's name or the town, or maybe I just dreamed this!)
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 11:55 AM

Just testing
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:04 PM

Thank God!

I've been trying to post for a week to no avail. The hotel Maribel mentions is Vereda Real, between the suburbs of Valencina and Gines, 10 minutes drive from Seville-if you avoid rush hour between 8 and 9:30 am-.
It has just become independently run by the owners, but it still featured on our website www.casasypalacios.com .
You can also contact them at [email protected] .
I agree with Maribel that your best bet is to look outside the city and commute.