Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel in the center (Santa Cruz) of Seville?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I have been to Seville before but stayed in a hostel. This June, we will be there for 6 nights and would like to stay at a nice inexpensive place in Santa Cruz. Hotel, B&B, or apartment is fine. We want to spend about 100 euros a night. www.venere.com has been a life saver for finding Italy hotels, but for Seville, only lists three. Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:11 PM

We stayed for a week at Casa de la Juderia in March two years ago. We had a suite with two bedrooms, each with a bath. Not sure of the price today but it's atmosphere and location were great. Breakfast was overpriced so we went down the street for less.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:26 PM

I believe Casas' rates are well above your budget these days.

This site lists many hotels in Sevilla: http://en.hootle.com/europe/spain/sevilla/

Wihtin your budget, I can personally recommend the Hotel Amadeus: www.hotelamadeussevilla.com

Text search here for "Amadeus AND Sevilla" to find tons of other feedback on this and similarly-priced hotels, mostly in the Santa Cruz area.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Do you know their official website address? I can find them on hotel websites but I'd rather deal with them directly...

Thanks for the tip!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

The web address for Casa de la Juderia that is..... we are going with friends so the 2 bedroom suite might be in our price range split 4 ways...
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 02:17 PM

The Juderia's offical website is very on again/off again: www.casasypalacios.com

Appears to be down at the moment. You may e-mail them at [email protected]

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:10 PM

We stayed at the Hosteria del Laurel Feb 22-25. 70 Euros a night and included breakfast. Breakfast was quite generous and included: three different fresh squoze juices, milk, assorted cold cereals, ham, sausages, scrambled eggs, croissants, hard rolls, sliced bread, jam, marmalade, butter, cold meats, cheeses, yogart, canned fruits and whatever sort of hot drink you ordered from the bar. The room was basic, quiet, very comfortable. We had a long, English-style bathtub, shower, bidet, toilet, Comfortable mattress, simple furnishings including a desk, a chair, a bench and a TV that went unused. http://www.hosteriadellaurel.com/index1.htm.

Downside - the area is quite close to the tourist trail so for neighbors you will have lots of tourist trinket-style shops that sell postcards, ceramics, flamenco-styled aprons, and the like.

Upside - the staff here is incredible and enjoy working together. We could hear birds from the window. Seems like a custom in Sevilla is for people to keep canary cages outside their windows. We found this to be quite pleasant.

Another thought, check out Bancotel coupons for Las Casas de los Mercaderes. This could cost you only 50 euros a night and is a sister hotel to Casa de la Juderia. We walked by this hotel to check it's location while we were in Sevilla. It is surrounded by a variety of more interesting shops, like flamenco dresses, bridal boutiques, bookstores and seems more off the beaten track than where we stayed. It also comes highly recommended from others at Fodors and Olga, a great responder to Spain questions on this forum works there. They just started taking Bancotel coupons. Check out Bancotel.com.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 04:02 PM

I can personally recommend the Hotel Amadeus. stayed there 3 nights last year. $75.00 night in October.don't let it's 3 star rating fool you. It's very nice if you like small family run hotels. Beautiful views of Seville from the rooftop, no in house food services so we ate at probably the same place that poster "byroelaine" did since Hotel Amadeus is only two blocks away from Casa de la Juderia..
Just make sure you have the address of Armadeus written for the benefit of the taxi driver..it's located in the middle of a block ..an alley really and very difficult to find for even the experienced cabbies.