Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Seville Hotel - Which One? Hotel Amadeus, Casas de la Juderia, or La Musica de Sevilla?

Notices

Seville Hotel - Which One? Hotel Amadeus, Casas de la Juderia, or La Musica de Sevilla?

Old Dec 9th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be in Seville early March as part of our Madrid/Toledo\Seville/ Granada trip and I am deciding on hotels for Seville. We will not have a car so we need to be centrally located. I have read great reviews of both Hotel Amadeus and Casas de la Juderia. Hotel Amadeus has availability for us, but they have also recommended their newer hotel, La Musica de Sevilla. If you were choosing between these hotels which would you pick? They are all within our price range, so the price is not an issue. Thanks, Susan

Old Dec 9th, 2005, 07:22 AM
aj

I love the Amadeus!!! Can't say enough about the hotel, staff, clean (small room) and GREAT location. The Mucical theme was nice. I wish I were there now. We walked everywhere we wanted to go from the hotel. It is a little hard to find but you will have to walk a few yards from the street down a path to get to the actual hotel. Part of the charm of Seville.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 07:39 AM

Getting lost is NEVER "charming."
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 08:44 AM
aj

Lost??
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 09:13 AM

We absolutely loved the Amadeus and if they have availabiity, I can highly recommend it.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Does anyone have an email address for Casas de la Juderia? I like to deal with the hotels directly and the address that I have is not working. Also, I have now discovered some other hotels: what about

Casa Romana
Las Casas Del Rey De Baeza

Any comments on these hotels?
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 01:06 PM
SRS

I loved the Amadeus. Casas de la Juderia gets great reviews here too - look for them also on tripadvisor.com.

I think that Casas de la Juderia and Las Casas Del Rey De Baeza are related in some way - ownership is the same?

I think Las Casas Del Rey De Baeza gets good reviews too, but search on here and tripadvisor and you'll find information.

Sorry I can't help more, but if you choose the Amadeus you won't be disappointed!!!

Sally
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 04:46 AM

I am surprised that no one mentioned Sevilla's 5-star de Luxe Hotel Alfonso XIII.

http://www.hotelalfonsoxiii.com

The Alfonso XIII wasn't on the list of hotels you asked about ... It is a landmark: one of Spain's most famous luxury hotels. And in early March they accept Bancotel vouchers (3 /nite = 150 Euro, a real bargain, considering what you get for your money).
BTW
I checked for Fri & Sat, 3 & 4 Mar. The Casa de la Juderia is the only other property on your list that I found that accepts the vouchers (2 coupons/nite). Since the talonarios come in books of 5, my recommendation (if Sevilla is the only place where you would use Bancotel vouchers) would be: first-night at Casa de la Juderia & second-night at the Alfonso XIII. If you do it in reverse order, you may be disappointed.

http://www.bancotel.com
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Nedsireland - I had never heard of bancotel checks. I just checked out the website and they are a great offer. Unfortunately they only have the Alfonso for one night that I will be in Seville and don't really like the idea of changing hotels in Seville as I will only be there two nights.

But thanks for the information! I will check it out for the other cities we are visiting. I could use it for Casas de la Juderia, but I am still not sure that I want to stay there. Some of the other properties looked nicer. I just don't know so I am still looking for help.
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 06:20 AM

I think one night at the Alfonso XIII would be worth whatever inconveniencee it entails. My sister (from NYC) stayed there 1-night and dined in their ornate dining room. She raves about it!

Bancotel coupons are great! But many hotels just accept them off-season or they adjust to 3-coupons for 2-nites or something like that. I think you can buy as many as you intend to use at most Travel Agencies in Spain. When using them, be sure to tell the reservationist (or at check-in) that you will be using Bancotel coupons.
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

All of these hotels sound great and it is so hard to decide. I want a convenient location (we won't have a car) but I have to admit that (as I have gotten older and have more resources) I also want a nice room and a very nice bathroom! So, with that in mind, between these hotels, which would you choose? They all get great reviews and websites can be deceiving, so I am
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 11:00 AM

The web site for Casas de la Juderia is Casasypalacios.com. The same group also owns Las Casas de los Mercaderes, where we spend a week several years ago. I recommend it highly: It is in a great location and staff was lovely. It is not in the Santa Cruz area, but to me that was a plus. Seville is small enough that you can walk everywhere.
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 01:33 PM

We recently stayed at Las Casas de la Juderia. Our hotel room was quite comfortable - decent bed, lots of closet space (including a safe), not a big TV but who needs one, and a really nice bathroom. There was both a decent sized tub and a very large separate shower stall. We had a small balcony, and although it wasn't a really scenic view (it looked out into a small alleyway, but had vines and flowers growing on the walls), it did allow for lots of fresh air into the room while still giving a good sense of privacy. We couldn't have asked for a better location for walking - we walked almost everywhere.
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 03:17 PM

I stayed at Hotel Amadeus in late March last year (or maybe year before), and it was a nice place for what it was, but nothing deluxe. It's only a 2* hotel, I think the Casas de la Juderia is a cut above (from what I've heard and above comments, I don't know). The location was very convenient, and the people working there were nice, but I found it fairly noisy myself. I had a very badly situated room though -- it was on the first floor and next to a service room (where the maids start banging around really early). Also, people tended to gather on that floor as there was a coffee machine there and they talking in really loud voices all the time right outside my door. On top of that, they play loud music a lot of the day in the hotel (in the lobby, but due to the design and center open area, it echos a lot, and I could hear it too much), so you could not take a nap or something, if you wanted.

My room was fairly large, though, not small at all (I had a deluxe double, I think). The bathroom was nice enough, I thought, but nothing special (no separate shower, that's for sure). The TV didn't work very well (and I wanted to watch some Spanish shows and news). Anyway, I think it is a nice place for its level and a good location, but I think you may think it is nicer than it is. The best thing about the hotel was their sheets, which were really soft and comfortable.

I think they have some nicer rooms on the top, a suite or penthouse or something, but I don't know what those are like. I don't know anything about their other hotel and can't find any website for it.
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Well, I am seriously considering either Hotel Las Casas del rey de Baeza and Hotel Casa Romana. The only thing that is concerning me is location - are these hotels in good locations for tourists without cars who are only in town for a short visit? I still have Amadeus and Casas de la Juderia on my list, but my thought is that I might like a nicer room/bathroom than those hotels have to offer. I have read some reviews that indicate that the rooms at Hotel Amadeus and Casas de la Juderia can be hit or miss.
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 02:02 PM

The Rey de Baeza is beautiful; more upscale than Juderia. The location is fine for walking around the city.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 08:00 AM

Hotel Alminar is very close to the cathedral and the Alcazar. I have stayed there 4 times now and love it! I won´t stay anywhere else. The rooms are clean and modern and the staff is great!
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Kalikiana, I decided that I wanted to go abit more upscale so my choice looks to be Hotel Casas del rey Baeza. I am leaning towards that hotel because it is in the Barrio Santa Cruz which is where most people seem to be sending me. However, if I was to choose a downtown hotel then I would go with Hotel Casa Romana which looks wonderful. I am STILL undecided between these two!
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 08:41 PM
mjs

We stayed at the Las Casas de los Mercaderes two years ago which was quite nice and a decent three star. Good location between the centre part of town and the barrio. There was a woman who used to post here who worked in the hotel and she was quite helpful. Unfortunately I am having a brain freeze at the moment and cannot remember her name. She used to post here alot when Mariel was around.
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 03:37 AM

So, I just checked my map on exactly where Baeza is... not really close to anything. It´s not that you ·cant· walk to the cathedral and alcazar and such... I just would rather stay a little closer to all the action, especially if you´re only in Sevilla for 2 days and won´t have that much time to learn your way around the barrio!

Casa Romana is out of the way as well, but on the other side of the map

I don´t have time right now to look up more hotels... I´ll do some research and get back to you on other hotels if you´d like?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information