Feedback please

Old May 30th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback please

I have spent 15 yrs dreaming and the last 5 months planning, my first (of many I hope) return trip to Italy since I was 17 (51 now). Just the hubby, Eric and I.

Sadly, I knew nothing of this site, and hope that you might be able to; confirm my choices in lodging (good or change them before you leave Friday, NAN!),suggestions for a possible side trip between Florence and Rome for a day trip or even overnight.

Our itinerary with hotels is as follows, Depart 6/3/05 for Milan.
Milan 6/3-6/7 "Antia Locanda Leonardo"
Vicenza 6/7-6/10 "Bob and Jenny's B & B"
Bolzano 6/10-6/13 "Gasthof Kohlern"
Venice 6/13-6/17 "Ca dei Dogi"
Florence 6/17-6/21 "The Firenze Loft I"
Rome 6/21-6/28 "St Regis Grand Hotel" and "Trilussa Palace"
I have 2 reservations in Rome because I was trying to decide if the St. Regis is worth the 390 Eu for a splurge the last week for a King Deluxe.

I would greatly appreciate comments if anyone had feedback on these.

This is Erics first time out of the country (other than some camping in fishing villages in Mexico when we lived and worked on the Zuni Indian Reservation in New Mexico 3 yrs ago). That means we will want to see the sites and eat at some great "locals" favorite cafes and restaurants (suggestions greatly appreciated.

We have tickets to the Opera in Florence. We love theatre and would like to see something even if its Italian and we dont comprehend.

We dont drink, and as a matter of fact are both in AA many years, so if anyone is aware of meetings, that would be helpful.

Thank you for any help...
Nan
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:27 AM

Nan - There are many, many people on this board with a wealth of Italy information. You need to re post asking for help on Italy - that will get their attention.
Have a safe & wonderful trip.
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:32 AM
ira

Hi Nan,

At this late date, it is unlikely that you will be able to change your accomodations.

Let us know how they worked out.

>suggestions for a possible side trip between Florence and Rome for a day trip or even overnight.<

Orvieto.

Also see Helpful Information: Italy 2
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34568596

Have a great trip.

Old May 30th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Cobbie!
Old May 30th, 2005, 11:01 AM

390 Euro for the St. Regis Grand is actually a very good price. My family enjoyed our stay there very much and it is a good choice if you want to splurge and pamper yourself before heading home. Some people on this board don't like the location which isn't right in the centro storico but near the Via Veneto. We never had any trouble walking from the St. Regis to anywhere in Rome, even with two little girls. There is also a Metro stop right across the street and several bus lines stop there too. It's a five minute walk to Termini Station for your daytrip.
Old May 30th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Second ira's suggestion of Orvieto!
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:02 PM

Hi nangile, do you know you have a double post? Anyway on your other post I suggested that you go to www.google.com and do a search for AA meetings in Italy. I usually can find any info I need on google.

BTW, I am one of the people that Grinisa mentnioned that love the Via Veneto area. I think you will be most happy with your hotel and that area.

Have a beautiful trip. You must be getting so excited! Safe journey!