Search

Pensione in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pensione in Rome

Hi all,
Could anyone help me with an address of a simple and clean pensione well situated in Rome?
Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:12 PM

Hi baldrick, I don't think the word pensione is used in Italy anymore. Not sure, but I think they are now called B&B's. Hopefully someone else here on Fodors will know for sure.
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:23 PM

The Hotel Panda (also called Pensione Panda) is quite cheap, well-located, and appears to have mostly positive reviews.

http://www.hotelpanda.it/
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks WT, will check it out.
More suggestions are still welcome:
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:49 PM

Hi WillTravel, so pensione (the word) is still being used in Italy? I had a friend there that told me it was not. But evidently it is?
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:55 PM

Hi LoveItaly, a few places seem to have it in their name for whatever name. I don't think there's a rule against having it in their name, it's just that there is no Italian government classification called "Pensione" anymore. I'm not sure what all the other classifications are - but obviously 1* hotels and up, and B&Bs, are one part of it.

All I can say is that in Rome the Panda is listed in some places as "Pensione Panda" and in other places as "Hotel Panda". There's a Pensione Ottaviano near the Vatican, which is actually a hostel. There's a Pensione Guerrato in Venice. Those are the three I know about - maybe there are more.
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:06 PM

Hi WillTravel, that is probably what my friend meant, that the Government no longer has a classification for pensione. I remember at one time there was.

Thanks for your information. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all the changes in life!

Take care.
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 09:42 AM

Hello I was looking for a pensione in Rome italy that is attached to a church, and cross the street is where you can get your hair. My husband and I and our 3 year old daughter will coming to rome this summer. My husband and I stayed at this pensione about 7 years ago when we were on honeymoon. I remeber taking a brochure but I lost it. So now I hoping someone can help me out. To know the name this pensione.Thanks to all who respond