Family holiday in Nice

May 2nd, 2003, 01:59 AM
Original Poster

Family holiday in Nice

Can anyone suggest a place to stay that is within 30 mins of Nice airport. We will be there at end of may 26-30. We need either an aparthotel or a hotel that will sleep four in one room. We are intending having a car so the hotel would need parking, I feel a bit put off from staying in Nice as I think it sounds like it is quite a busy place and could be expensive. Our children are aged 10 & 8.
May 2nd, 2003, 04:22 AM

Hi Joanne,

Two suggestions I can make from other posters on this board are the Hotel Castel Garoupe in Cap D'Antibes. It is described as an apartment/hotel with a small swimming pool, breakfast included and free parking. Cap D'Antibes is a lovely area & this place is evidently close to the famous (and very posh) Eden Rock Hotel.

The other possibility might be the Marriott in Cap D'Ail which is just east of the Nice airport near Monaco. But let me warn you you will be in the south of France during the Grand Prix in Monaco and rooms may be very difficult to find at this late date.

If you need more information, you might try the website www.provencebeyond.com
May 2nd, 2003, 05:33 AM

Joanne-we stayed at the Sofitel Splendid when we were in Nice with our kids. We had a special family room that was adjoining. There is a pool on the rooftop that is fabulous as you can sit up there while kids are swimming with your glass of wine and see all of Nice and the water.It is about 12-15 minutes from the airport and is about 2/3 blocks from the water(Promenade des Anglais). We did not have a car but used public transportation all over the area and over to Italy.
May 2nd, 2003, 10:01 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Marc Hely in La Colle Sur Loup and really enjoyed it. It is about 10-15 minutes, straight shot w/ minimal traffic, to the airport. All of the rooms on the second level have a patio that look out directly on St. Paul de Vence. It is quite incredible at night when it is lit up! Also has a pool. It is inexpensive, around 60-75 Euros a night. I believe the rooms were able to be joined. It is a simple but clean and charming inn and has ample parking and nice owners. You are very close to small stores, bakeries and restaurants for meals. It is a lovely area. And you are close to Vence and St Paul, etc. Perfect place for a night before a flight out of Nice.
May 2nd, 2003, 11:39 AM

You might try one of the Citadines properties in Nice. The one on Rue Buffa looks very nice. I think they are typically one or maybe two bedroom units, so you should be able to easily accomodate your family in one of these. Plus you'd have a kitchen for breakfast etc. which is always nice. I think their website is Citadines.com, but if not, and you're interested, post again, and I'll look for it.

Good luck!
May 2nd, 2003, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I have already been checking availability and wondered why there didn't seem to be much around obviously the Grand Prix. We stayed at a Citadines apartment in Barcelona last year and we were very inpressed with that. Will look at all suggestions and probably post again.
Thanks again