hotel in cote d'azur

Search

hotel in cote d'azur

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel in cote d'azur

i'm going to nice for 3 days with my girlfriend from May 3-6, 2003 and we're trying to find a hotel to stay in to serve as our base for exploration. we're going to have a car. we'd like to spend 100-200/night. we don't need anything particularly fancy - most important is a place that has nice staff to help us in our travels who speak english, well furnished rooms with hopefully nice views and a nice bathrooms (my girlfriends most important criteria!), and a convenient location to be able to get around (seems like nice would be best?). any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 04:06 PM

Have a look at the Hotel Welcome in Villefranche. It's a charming town right near Nice on the water (many rooms have water views of the boat harbor). Also if you do a text search here for Nice AND hotels you'll get more info.
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 05:09 PM

Hi, <BR><BR>CHeck out Le Grimaldi (www.le-grimaldi.com). Six of us stayed in 3 rooms there lastSeptember and really enjoyed it. It has good rates, a fantastic host (Joanna Zedde), the superior doubles are very spacious and have wonderful bathrooms (separate tub and shower), there's a nice bar/brakfast lounge, and the hotel is about 4-5 blocks to the Promenade des Anglais, a block from the main pedestrain shopping zone and perhaps a 15 minute walk to the old town. Definitely check it out.<BR><BR>Happy travels.<BR><BR>John H.
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 06:06 PM
elr

I would second Le Grimaldi. I stayed there in January. they upgraded my room. the bathroom was fantastic, much bigger, even, then the room I had just been staying in at a London b&amp;b. (they had great towels and soaps too!) I paid about $85/night, but, it was a single room &amp; off season, but it should be right in your price range. as the previous post said, it's definitely worth checking out.
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 06:32 PM
MGB

Try Hotel La Flore, in Villefranche sur Mer. It is higher up than the Welcome, fantastic views of the Harbor, with St Jean Cap Ferrat in the distance. free parking. Villefranche is about 10 minutes East of Nice, 20 Minutes west of Monaco. A bus stop is about 30 feet away which costs about $2 roundtrip into Nice to avoid parking hassels. Villefranch also has a sandy beach, the hotel is a 3*. When we stayed there last they spoke English and staff was very helpful, including a recent conversation I had in booking our rooms for this Sept. It also has a pool with a good view too! There is also a laundromat not too far and the TI is also just downa the street, walking distance I think.