Family Friendly Hotel for 4 in Bruges

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello to you all, My family is leaving for Bruge Christmas night arrriving in Belgium Dec 26th. I am having a difficult time finding lodging for my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids ages 10 and 12) in Bruge. I got some suggestions from you all a few weeks ago but most of the places listed only held 2-3 per room. I also checked Expedia.com and did not find a room listed that would hold 4 per room....

We would like to spend around $150.00 USD per night if possible for a room near the center of town.

Any suggestions???
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM

I was recently at the Prinsenhof Hotel in Bruges and it was excellent. You may wish to contact them to see if they have family rooms www.prinsenhof.com
However be advised that if booking directly they can be expensive so try booking them through the likes of www.expedia.com or www.priceline-europe.com
Bruges is a great place to visit.
We also had an excellent meal at the De Torre restaurant in Langestraat www.de-torre.com
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Sparks...in the nicest poart of town, next to the dreamy Minnewater, and across from the colorful Beguinage, is The Hotel Egmond, in it's own park-like grounds..kids would love it..only an interesting ten minute walk to the Gross Markt and Bell Tower....reasonable rates at about 100E's or less...excellent buffet breakfast.

See link...http://www.egmond.be/

Stu T.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 02:42 PM
P_M

A few years ago I stayed at Lucca and they had a few apartments next door. I don't know the price, but here's the web site if you want to ask.

http://www.hotellucca.be/FORM.htm
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Hello, I made a reservation at "Sofitel Hotel" for 2 rooms (the rooms only hold 2 people). Have any of you stayed at this hotel before? Any feedback?

I am going to check with all of your suggestions to see if I can find a better location, accomodations and rate.

Thank you
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM

You might enjoy Absoluut Verhulst B&B's loft room. I stayed there last July- the room was actually on two different levels. Each had a large bed (at least a queen), one had a living room with couches and TV, dining table, bar, sink, toilet, while the upper level had a full bathroom. The price (was it 110 euro?)included a lovely breakfast. Hosts are charming people. Location is about a 5 minute walk from the Markt and Burg... I think it would be great for a family.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:49 PM

You could also try to rent an apartment, although it may be difficult this close to Christmas. You could try http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/europe/belgium#62 for Vacation Rental By Owners or just do a general internet search for Brugge and apartments. Three years ago four of us stayed in an amazing rowhouse in Brugge for just over 100 euro/night. It was going to be sold just after Christmas, so unfortunately it's not available anymore
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:09 PM

We've stayed at the Sofitel several times. It's very comfortable and the rooms are quite stylish. It's in a nice location just off 'tZand...easy walking distance to the main sights, but slightly removed from the tourist hubbub. We prefer that location to the hotels that are right in the heart of tourist central. The hotel has a small indoor swimming pool.
Two very nice, moderately priced restaurants close by...Bonheur and Passe-Viet. Both are on Smedenstraat (heading away from the town center). Smedenstraat is more or less a locals' shopping street, several home stores, charcuteries, etc.
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 03:45 AM

For a family, I highly recommend an apartment rental, if you are staying long enough to meet the minimum stay requirements. The best place we ever stayed in Europe was a charming apartment called De Drie Koningen in a historical building just two blocks from the main markt square.
After a busy day of sightseeing, we enjoyed picking up food from the local market and eating "at home". We also liked the cable TV with many English channels. Mine is one of the reviews on their website: www.kanthuisje.com
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 03:47 AM

Oops. That link takes you to the owners lovely lace shop. Try this link:
www.kanthuisje.com/d3kon
If that doesn't work, do a google seach for De Drie Koningen
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 04:12 AM

Did you try the Hotel 't Zand? They have rooms with 2 double beds and some they call "suites" with 2 beds. It is newly renovated, I stayed there in September and thought it was great.

http://www.hotel-boudewijn1.be/
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Yes.. I did look at the Hotel 't Zand and they were booked (per the website). I have made reservations at the Sofitel in Brugges... We got a great rate although I had to get 2 rooms since we have 4 in our party (2 adults and 2 kids). We leave in 5 days for Europe... yea!!

Happy Holidays to you all!