Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Eurostar booked - no email sent to me? How long does it take?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just booked 2 first class train tickets on the Eurostar from Florence to Venice. However, I have not yet recieved the tickets via email. My Visa company said the charge has been out through. How long does it usually take to recieve the tickets via email?

Also, when I booked, they did not ask for my travelling partners name or information. Is that OK?

Please help
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 08:15 AM

You should have received it within minutes. No you don't need anyone's names. Check your junk mail file otherwise contact them. If you don't get a response notify your cc.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

I contaced my CC and there is nothing awaiting that got blocked. Anyone know of a toll free number for trenitalia or Eurostar?

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Good idea to check your e-mail spam filter. If you don't know how to do this, find someone who can show you. Not trying to imply that you aren't computer literate, but have found a lot of folks don't know how to do this.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 02:09 PM

I booked train tickets via the trenitalia website in March and April for my May trip. I did receive the confirmation email on two transactions, I never got it on another. I sent repeated emails to trenitalia but never got a response. Fortunately, I had the confirmation (reservation) code written down. I just gave that to the conductor and he printed me a ticket/receipt.

If you have the code then do not worry. If not, maybe you should call trenitalia b/c they do not always respond to emails
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 02:33 PM
ira

Hi james,

When you paid for the tickets, did you not get a screen telling you that the transaction had been completed and your PRN was.....?

For an ES* train, that is all you need.

Print it out or copy it by hand.

You can find it in your History folder if you have a PC with Windows Explorer.

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 02:34 PM
ira

PS,

Your companion's name is not required. They only want to know if you are the person who bought the ticket.

It wouldn't hurt if you had the same CC that you used to buy the ticket with you on the train.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 03:46 PM

Great advice from ira, especially about bringing the credit card that you used to charge the reservation.

If you really need extra peace of mind you could always bring the statement too, though I'm not sure it would do any good. The code is what the train employees need to verify you paid.
Old Jun 17th, 2005, 05:02 AM
ira

topping
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all sooo much for the great advise. I did receive the online confirmation with PNR number. There is also an area online where you can check your reservation, which also shows the confirmation! I guess I was just concerned because I never received that email! Thank you for all your help! You have made me feel so much better!