europe to USA airfares

Search

europe to USA airfares

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
europe to USA airfares

There seem to be many cheap flight options from the US to Europe, but does anyone know of any originating in Europe?
Thanks
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 02:09 AM

When/where are you planning to travel?

From what I can see from my own research, I am looking at fares about 25% higher now compared to when I was looking this time last year. That's not a big surprise given the increase in charges due to fuel price rises.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Original Poster

Currently am just looking at specific airline websites, Swiss, Lufthansa.... And while these fares have never been cheap, I think when flying from the US cheaper website travel options are available, keep seeing these online ads for deals like Europe for $400, definitely don't get those rates from here!
Essentially I want to fly from Rome to either San Francisco, or Washington DC.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 03:26 AM
rex

I would ask on the cheap flights forum of www.eurotrip.com - - the moderator, Don, who is brilliant when it comes to finding bargain air fares... does live in Europe, so he would have reason to know the bargains coming westbound as well as _to_ Europe.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 03:34 AM

San Francisco is 3,000 miles further than New York and $400 wouldn't be an awful price from JFK to SFO.

Washington, DC, despite being our capital, doesn't attract the foreign visitor in the same numbers as New York City.

Any $400 flight is definitely off season.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:07 AM
ira

Hi e,

Try http://airtravelcenter.com/onetrav.htm
for open-jaw and www.mobissimo.com for RT fares.

When you are flying makes a big difference.

>...I want to fly from Rome to either San Francisco, or Washington DC. <

That is similar to saying, "I want to fly from New York to either Lisbon or Moscow".

Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

ira it's a holiday! I have been to both places before, have friends in both places, so frankly am equally comfortable with either, a good deal for one will tilt the scales!
thanks rex will check up on that.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:42 AM

I don't know when you are going, but I've never heard folks say flights from Europe are routinely more expensive than the same itinerary from the US. In fact, I've seen the opposite in many cases, where it seemed cheaper from Europe. As others said, a RT from Washington to SFO will addon several hundred dollars in itself, so it is doubtful you will get the same fare to such a far point.

Try www.eviaggi.com which is an Italian flight search website. I believe it is entirely in Italian, so if you don't know that, maybe try www.opodo.co.uk

I found a 500 euro RT flight from Rome to IAD and back on there for early December, for example. That was Air France/Delta. There are also cheap options with KLM. Air France has good routes to both SFO and IAD, so I'd suggest you check them. Delta also has nonstops from Milan. I wouldn't expect those cheap fares during the holidays.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:46 AM
ira

Hi e,

www.mobissimo.com has flights from either FCO or CIO to Washington, Baltimore or SFO for about $570 in Feb.

Hope this helps.