Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2016, 01:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, i and my fiance are getting married on 5th February.and i am from India. we are planning our honeymoon starting from 7th February

we are super confused weather we should go to Europe or Cruise plus Bali

So we have 2 options
1. Rome Venice and Paris - (8N/9D)
2. Royal Caribbean cruise (4N) and Bali (3N)

Please help us which will be the best choice as i have serious doubt on Europe's weather.
will it be too cold. Will we be able to explore as much as possible considering it might rain also.

Please pour in your suggestions
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 03:42 AM

Feb in Europe us cold. Below freezing point north of Paris.
Venice hardly better.
Short days too.
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 03:49 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Where do you live and do have warm winter clothing?days will be short in February too.
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 04:12 AM

if you are looking to avoid rain, neither location would be good. Bali is rainy at that time of year as well. Perhaps another location. In Asia? Or accept that there will be rain and enjoy some wonderful cities in Europe? Rome is likely to be more comfortable than Paris, but I love Paris and would be happy there at any time of year. My musings... I hope these thoughts help!
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 05:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Feb in Europe is not a big honeymoon period
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 06:16 AM

I'd vote for Asia, but not the Royal Caribbean cruise. Feb is rainy season in Bali, though I have often visited during rainy season and didn't let it bother me. The beaches on the Andaman Sea in Thailand will have good weather in February.
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 06:23 AM

As already pointed, Bali will be rainy in February.

Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives will have great weather in Feb.
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 06:24 AM

But then again, February is Carnival season in Venice so if you don't mind the brutal cold that's a great time to be there.
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 09:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Are those destinations the only options? Is weather the primary concern, or are you willing to accept any weather in order to go to the places that interest you the most?
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

hey all thank you for the suggestions.
To be frank i am not able to think of any other option than these two. kindly help if we can explore something else too considering we have just 8N/9D.

@jean - weather is the primary concern as i am not a winter loving person
For our honeymoon i want to choose the best location where we can spend the best time of our life
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 01:04 PM

What about a Mediterranean Cruise? the weather will be better and you will visit so many romantic destinations cruising from Spain round to Italy.
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 05:45 PM

In Europe you need to be prepared for snow as well as rain. Much as I love those cities if I were you I would wait until late April or May for europe. And you really don;t have enough time to see those 3 cities - two at most. (And there is no place in europe with beach weather in Feb.)

I would jump on the chance to go to any of them in Feb - but they're all warmer than NYC and I love cold anyway.

For a honeymoon I wouldn't go to a place where you won;t enjoy the weather and will need a whole cold weather wardrobe.
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 06:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There are a lot of places in the Southern Hemisphere where you could have good weather and IMO a great time.

If you only have 8-9 nights, I'd look for destinations that don't require a full day to reach from your home airport.

Seriously consider taking your trip later. I know this isn't a popular idea, but you would have so many other good weather options just a couple of months later. IMO, a honeymoon is a honeymoon no matter when you go.
Old Oct 16th, 2016, 04:06 AM

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I did a quick search on best beaches in February:

http://www.bugbog.com/beaches/beaches_february.html

I would look at the current thread by grl1942 who is looking at going to Andalucia in February. While not beach weather, it's a fabulous area with great cultural activities, ambience and food:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ris-in-feb.cfm

Hope this gives you some new ideas! And congratulations!
Old Oct 16th, 2016, 07:28 AM

If you don't like the cold, then don't visit Europe in February. A Mediterranean cruise in February would be miserable too. Southern Spain for sightseeing (not beach) could be ok, weatherwise. Seville has an average temperature of 12 celsius in February.

I would go for Thailand, Cambodia (Angkor).
Old Oct 16th, 2016, 08:20 AM

Forget a Med cruise in Feb. There is a good reason why many cruise lines cut back on Med cruises that time of year and move to the Caribbean or other warm places.

Agree with Jean. Take your trip a little later.

How can you really have 9 days with only 8 nights? With 8 nights, you could have only 7 nights on the ground. If you wait, could you have a bit more time for the trip?
Old Oct 16th, 2016, 10:16 AM

Forget about cruise. What is romantic being on a boat with 2431 other other passengers, taking your meals in a cantina and being rushed each time you dock.

When we married we took a week end and waited for the right time to go to Thailand. 5 months later.