eskscrunchy - please answer quick question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have posted this on my report but just in case you don't read that for a while. How did you get to Nonna Nina's . I know to catch the bus to Camogli but then what? Please advise asap as we are going tomorrow for lunch.

thanks so much,
schnauzer
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Sorry Ekscrunchy spelling your name wrongly.

Schnauzer
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM

From ekscruncny's trip report:

"Our lunch with Zeppole and her husband, who live in the area, and another Fodor’s poster who is traveling through Italy this fall, was scheduled for 1:15pm. From the Cenobio, we walked across the street and up a fairly steep flight of steps to the main bus stop, which is located in front of the post office. (The train station is a few steps away; Camogli is very convenient for travelers!) We boarded an 11:50am bus, intending to get down at Ruta and walk the rest of the way to the restaurant. The bus zig zagged up the hillside, affording great views of Camogli and the sea below, for about 20 minutes before reaching San Rocco, the frazzione of Camogli where Nonna Nina is located. (Zeppole had recommended getting down at Ruta and walking the rest of the way, but somehow we missed that stop!) With some time before our appointed lunchtime, we strolled the path leading from the San Rocco bus stop towards the hamlet of Mortola; this is but one of many walking paths on the Portofino promontory, which is a paradise for strollers, hikers, and everyone in between. "
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 10:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks ellenem, that's the bit I was missing!!

Schnauzer
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:53 AM

Thanks, Ellenm!

I responded on the Schnauzer post, but the only thing I added was that she can walk there on a path that begins near the Cenobbio Hotel. But that is uphill and might take 30 minutes or so. Alternative is to walk down after lunch, which is very easy and lovely.