End of January in Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found great prices on tickets to Dublin. Never visited Ireland before. Would like recommendations for a 6-day trip to Dublin that could include some countryside guided tour as Belfast or Gallway? Are Cliffs of Moher an alternative on January? We are foodies and like nightlife. Help will be appreciated.
Old Dec 23rd, 2022, 02:05 PM

Day trips from Dublin

The Cliffs of Moher as a day trip from Dublin in January doesn’t strike me as a good use of your time . Daylight will still be quite short and the weather may prevent you from even accessing the site , much less seeing anything . Even if the weather is good on Dublin, it may be wet/ windy/ foggy etc. on the west coast .
I would recommend overnighting in Galway and seeing from there if you are really set on visiting the cliffs .

Galway has great food options and nightlife . It’s a small but very vibrant city .
Old Dec 24th, 2022, 05:50 AM

January - wet, cold, gray, smoky air in places. Take warm clothing and things to keep you dry. Or that dry quickly. Check travel times because long day trips in January are not that enjoyable. Tickets are cheap because it is not the nicest time to visit Ireland. Just IMHO, of course.