Search

Edinburgh Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edinburgh Hotel

Does anyone have any information (good or bad) regarding the Christopher North House Hotel in Edinburgh? Appreciate any info!
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 12:21 AM

checked out web site - looks really nice and for what it is, good value. Saw one rave review on www.tripadvisor.com. Location is very good - heart of New Town among the grandest streets built (Moray Place and Royal Circus). Only proviso is see if the streets are cobbled, if so maybe go for a back room. Edinburgh's cobbled streets look nice but can be very noisy especially as buses pass (I know from my mum's old house!)
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

I am still searching for hotels in Edinburgh. Does anyone have any comments on any of the following hotels?<BR><BR>Holyrood Hotel<BR>Bank Hotel<BR>Menzies Belford Hotel<BR><BR>Also, not sure how much time my husband and I should spend in Glasgow. We arrive 8:00 am and don't know if we should spend the day and an overnight or see the city and drive on to Stirling for an overnight. Any thoughts?<BR><BR>I appreciate any feedback!
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Ani

The Bank Hotel was actually recommended to me a while ago, when first planning our trip. The website is great. We booked, at a great rate (I think 35 pounds pp) especially for the location, but cancelled as we didn't want to be quite so central.
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Ani: Thanks for the input. We thought of Bank also. Still pondering the others plus the Bonham. Thank you again! Did you just recently travel to Scotland? If so, any advice?