Edinburgh, Florence, or Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be studying abroad in Europe next year and am considering Edinburgh, Florence (or possibly Perugia), or Prague for my Spring semester. I'll be 21 while I am there and am looking for a beautiful, fun city with a lot of history and culture. I have already been to Florence but loved it. Any suggestions would greatly help.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:44 PM

Any of the three would be wonderful - I know that doesn't help you much. But I honestly don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

I'd personally lean to Edinburgh - it is probably my favorite city anywhere. But the other two are just as interesting.

what are you studying? that may have a bearing on which one is best for you.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:02 PM

I've never been to Prague, but we went to Edinburgh on our honeymoon (we are 26 and 27) and fell in love with it...it is unbelievably beautiful. I enjoyed Florence as well, and that would be more central for travel to other plaes...
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the info! I am just there to study the culture and not my major...so that really does not play a part in the decision. Thanks a lot.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:51 PM

Hi rcronin,
I was in Edinburgh for Spring '99, my junior year. I was 20. It was FUN FUN FUN!!! Non-stop fun. Well, the party stopped when the students ran out of money near the end of the year, but other than that, it was incredible. I adore that city -- I'll be there again in just 9 days -- and always recommend it. It's beautiful, has loads of history (I took an archaeology class, which brought me out into the local landscapes to look at Edinburgh's prehistorical remains, of which there are lots...oh, and it was taught by an extraordinarily hot young professor...) and is, as I've mentioned, fun. Any specific questions?