Easter Sunday and Monday in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't realize Monday was an official holiday. Not sure what will be opened or closed Easter and the Monday or how difficult it will be to eat out on Easter and that Monday? We are staying in the Marais and (Rue Rambuteau) and have an apartment (with two hungry teens). Should we spend Saturday getting groceries? Yikes. And I think the Louvre is open... not sure how crazy busy it will be since its a holiday weekend or any other ideas. We are happy to GET OFF THE BEATEN path. Thank you for any life saving tips for planning those days (we leave on Tuesday morning for Provence).
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 02:57 PM

In Paris in heavily touristed areas such as the Marais, generally, except for May 1, Christmas and New Year's, everything is usually open. Your teens are in no danger of starving. Off the beaten path areas might be more problematic for visitors as Monday in areas where there are Sunday shopping opportunities finds most businesses closed holiday or no. The Louvre will be as crowded as it is every Sunday maybe more so..
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 09:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Easter is no different from any other Sunday -- if it's open on Sunday, it's open on Easter Sunday. On Easter Monday, schools, post offices, banks and offices are closed. Many small shops are closed every Monday -- once again, not much change there: if it's closed on Monday, it's closed on Easter Monday.
Old Mar 27th, 2019, 04:09 AM

DH and I have been surprised by the number of stores open on Easter. However, watch transportation schedule changes. Some hours may be curtailed.