Reload this Page >

Early flight from Malpensa, very early

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:33 AM
sharon

I have had great fun reading the posts here and following the threads, even the "silly" threads, as I plan our trip to Northern Italy. The only detail I have left is our last night. We will have a rental car and plan to spend the last day in Milan as our<BR>flight is at 6:30 am the following day from Malpensa. I have read here that Hotel Cervo is a close place to stay, my question is does anyone know if we can drop off the car that early in the am?<BR>Or does the Hotel Cervo shuttle run that early? Thanks for any and all help.

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:18 AM
sss

ttt

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Tina

I don't know if you can drop off your rental car during the wee hours of the morning --- suspect it's unlikely. Another option is to drop off the car the night before @ Malpensa. Or even drop it off somewhere in/around city of Milan. As long as you can get from drop-off point to MXP airport terminal (whether it be by train or bus), then once you get to there, you can contact Hotel Cervo & have the shuttle pick you up and take you to hotel for your last night.<BR><BR><BR>

Old May 4th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Corrie

Sharon, we were faced with the same dilema last October. We rented with Autoeurope (Avis). Turns out the rental rate was the same whether we dropped off the night before or the next day (saved us $20 taxi fee). We had a 6:30am flight. Autoeurope told us since they are not open that early to just drop off the car at autoeurope (Avis) located in the downstairs terminal and leave the keys in the dropbox. It was a very short walk to the Check In counters upstairs. It went very smoothly.<BR><BR>btw: We stayed at Villa Malpensa and it was literally 5 minutes from the airport. However, I would probably not stay there again. It was $145/night (we were only there for 6 hours) for a very ordinary room. I'd stay at Hotel Cervo or Jet next time.<BR><BR><BR>

Old May 4th, 2002, 12:51 PM
sharon

Thanks for the assistance. Sharon

Old May 4th, 2002, 03:30 PM
M & J

We just returned from Milan and stayed at Hotel Cervo. You may want to directly contact them. Web site is www.hotelcervo.it

Old May 4th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Amy

Just a warning, not sure if anyone else had similar experiences. I went through Malpensa before 8 a.m. twice last month, and it was a nightmare. Arriving in Italy from Boston, we had to go through another security checkpoint right off the plane (which doesn't exactly make sense, if you think about it), and it took over 2 hours to get from one flight to our connecting flight. Going through Malpensa on the way home was a bit better, only an hour and 10 minutes, not including check-in.<BR><BR>The lesson learned, no matter how early, allow for extra time!

Old May 5th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Sharon

Amy, Thanks for the advice. I do have a tendency to cut the time close so appreciate the reminder.<BR><BR>I found an email for the Hotel Cervo on an Italian site for their hotel,<BR>[email protected]. I wrote them with my request and received a prompt reply. Their shuttle service is 3 euros per person and begins at 4am, must be arranged the night before.<BR>Thanks again for all the replies. Sharon

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Tina

-<BR>Up for John.<BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 11:05 AM
John Curtin

We have booked a room at the First Hotel, near MXP. Does anyone know anything about this facility?

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Andre

John,<BR><BR>In case you didn't have it, here's their web site address:<BR><BR>www.firsthotel.it<BR><BR>The place is brand new (2001), so how bad can it be?<BR>Hopefully someone else can give you firsthand info.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Linda

We stayed at the Villa Malpensa the night before our departing flight. They have a courtesy shuttle to the airport - but it only runs from 6:30-11 am. The hotel is about 1/4 mile from the airport and a taxi will cost 11 Euros for the 1/4 mile trip. <BR><BR>The hotel was fairly expensive for the actual accomodations; the hotel itself is lovely though. The dinner was good but quite expensive; the dining service for both dinner and breakfast was horrible. <BR><BR>Considering we were at the end of a 3-week trip, we should have selected another hotel as we were really just interested in clean sleeping accommodations that were close to the airport for our early departure flight. <BR><BR>They did have a lovely swimming pool, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed.<BR><BR>Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:06 PM
John Curtin

Andre,<BR><BR>Thanks for the web address for the First Hotel.<BR><BR>John