Dublin -- where to pick up rental car?

Jan 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Dublin -- where to pick up rental car?

We planning to rent a car in Dublin and head south for the Rock of Cashel and points south and west. We'll pick it up on a Thursday morning.

Is it easier to go out to the airport or is there a pick up location near the south of town that's fairly easy to drive away from?

Thanks,
el
Jan 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM

We found picking up a car a the airport in Dublin very easy. After you get your baggage, just exit the door, turn right and walk about 50 yards to the rental car lot (I think there was just one--hope I'm not wrong!). Very friendly guys working there gave us directions away from the airport and on our way to Northern Ireland. Very easy.
Jan 29th, 2008, 04:57 PM

We also picked up our rental car at the airport. We were headed south, but it was no problem at all to get out of the airport and be on our way.
Jan 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM

I've only used rental cars I've picked up at the airport, but it couldn't have been easier.
Jan 30th, 2008, 01:48 AM

If you are returning to the airport in Dublin to head home then get your car there as its easier. There are places in the city but its a pain getting around especially oif you are not fmamiliar with the city. You can hop on the motorway from the airport and head out quickly from there.
Jan 30th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions -- I'll stick with the airport!

el