Dublin Hotel near Croke Park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased tickets to the U2 concert at the end of June. I'm looking for a hotel close to Croke Park (ideally within walking distance). I also have lots of Starwood (Westin), Marriott, and Hilton points to burn. Does anyone know how close these hotels are and/or have information on the hotels themselves? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 03:56 AM
Ardfert

If you have Westin points you should consider staying in the high quality Westin Hotel in College Green,right in the city centre and across the road from Trinity College,Ireland`s equivalent of Harvard and even older,having been founded in 1592.It is a little over 2 miles to Croke Park and you can walk or take a taxi.

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 04:34 AM

I'd second the Westin - it's a lovely hotel, excellent location & within walking distance of Croke Park.

Can't wait for the gig!! Enjoy
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 04:35 AM

Hi Phil!
I am going to the concert also - can't wait. Croke Park will be a fantastic venue. The area around Croke Park is not a particularly nice one (pretty run down and rough) so there are no good hotels in the immediate vicinity. Your best bet would be to stay in the centre of the city instead which is still nearby (there will be buses running to the venue from the centre). I would personally recommend the Westin as it is a fabulous hotel with a great bar and right beside all the main sights as well as shops. The Mariott is miles outside the city so forget it. You can't go wrong with the Westin. See you in Croke Park!
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great input. I just finished booking the Westin for 5 nights with Starwood points (40,000).

You have to love Starwood - if they have a room you can get it with points.

Thanks again
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 01:49 AM

I'll be at the concert as well! Staying in town is the best bet for acommodation. Everyone usually walks from town to the matches in Croak Park so its not far. You can always stop for a pint on the way in .
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 03:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I went to Dublin for the Slane shows in 2001 and stayed in a pretty nice B&B on Philipsburgh Avenue. The bus stopped right out in front of the B&B and we were in town in less than 10 minutes. There was a convenience store and pizza shop across the street. The best thing I remember is how it would be an ideally short walk to Croke Park compared to what it took us to get to Slane. You can do a search on any of the Ireland B&B sites for this address, I came up with a lot of them.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 04:27 AM

Just wondering... IS the concert sold out? I will be there in June with 3 kids, all in their twenties.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 05:28 AM

yes Sealight - they are playing two dates that weekend and both sold out wihin 50 minutes. There is a rumour that they will do a third date though, so keep your ear open for more info! They will sell out quickly too though!
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:50 AM

We read that the third date tickets went on sale a couple of days ago and sold out as well. Friends of ours really want to go to one of the Dublin concerts -- anyone out there have any insights into how to get tickets via upstanding brokers in Ireland?
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM

Folks - almost everthing in the world is available for sale - just try e-bay. At the moment there are over 100 sets of tickets (2 or 4 mostly) on sale for those concerts.