Reload this Page >

Drive time from Grindelwald to Zurich airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Teresa

Need to know the drive time from Grindelwald to Zurich airport. Will be leaving July on a Friday morning.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Tom

95 miles - 2h22min according to viamichelin.com

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Bob Brown

The Michelin figure sounds right. The road from Grindelwald to Interlaken Ost is fairly slow because it is two lanes all the way with plenty of curves and narrow spots.<BR>From Interlaken to Z&uuml;rich by way of Bern is mostly limited access highway. The road from Interlaken to Spiez is often two lanes, but restricted access.<BR>Once you approach Z&uuml;rich be alert for signs for Flughafen, and an airplane symbol.<BR><BR>I frankly would allow time for getting lost! So I would allow a little more than the time stated. The rental car return is a round about sort of thing.<BR>Once you are there, you need to appreciate that the ticket counters are upstairs and that the building is essentially two large towers. <BR><BR>The last time I had to drop off a rental car, I returned it in Interlaken and took the train to the airport.<BR>It is a heck of a lot easier!!<BR>Of course there has to be a rental car office there for you. I use Avis and have not had any problems. <BR>

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Teresa

topping

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Teresa

So, if we have a9:30 am international flight, we should arrive in Zurich the day before?

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:39 AM
lisa

<BR>Yes, definately