doyouspain car rental - help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I "booked" on doyouspain's website and immediately thereafter received an email detailing my request (dates, pickup/dropoff location, type of car, etc) and basically letting me know I could pay in advance by credit card online. There is a DYS # at the top of the email (but nothing that says "reservation number" or anything like that).

The website says "you will receive an acknowledgement then a confirmation voucher if the vehicle is available. The time taken to issue the voucher will depend on the vehicle you require. e.g. with basic cars we are normally able to confirm your booking immediately. For larger models and special groups we may need up to 24 hours to confirm." Is the email I received (immediately after booking) my voucher?
I haven't received any other email, and I didn't ask for any special vehicle, it's a lowly Ford Fiesta. But it's been 2 days. This afternoon I provided my email "to receive a copy of all outstanding booking vouchers".....8 hours later, still nothing. I will call them tomorrow, but just wanted to see if I am in a panic for nothing...
Thanks!
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 07:41 AM

Doyouspain appears to be a UK based broker using different rental agencies in various locations in Spain as any broker would, but it's difficult to tell what their relationship is with the major car rental agencies. The company has had an Internet presence since 2002, but difficult to find any physical contact information on them; no mailing or street address, and no contact telephone number is listed.
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 04:11 AM

Contrary to Roberts posting they are actually based in Spain.
http://whois.domaintools.com/doyouspain.com
it does not seem to get good reviews on line either
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-109759.html
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 08:30 AM

Of course the hosting service and domain are based in Spain, that's an easy one, but where is the physical address of the brokerage. Where is the main office? Why don’t they have a contact telephone number listed? I was unable to find any additional information on them.

Granted they have been around for a while, but their services appear to be limited to using Europcar and National-Atesa. And 2 ratings and 11 reviews in 7 years are hardly worth mentioning, especially when the latest reviews where not that positive. I would rather deal directly with Europcar and Atesa.

Also, I checked their prices against our upcoming rental through Auto Europe, who we use most of the time. Doyouspain was 10% higher on the car we’ve booked for 12 days in October.
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 10:52 AM

<i>Also, I checked their prices against our upcoming rental through Auto Europe, who we use most of the time. Doyouspain was 10% higher on the car we’ve booked for 12 days in October.</i>

The moral to the story, whether renting or leasing, is to <b>always</b> compare prices and conditions.