Car Rentals in SPAIN -PEPE Car Rentals

Old Oct 24th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Rentals in SPAIN -PEPE Car Rentals

Hello, We are family "budget traveling" through Spain in November. We are in search of the Best Car rental deal, with out the scary hidden fees or restrictions.

Fodors recommends Pepe Auo rentals. Has anyone ever used them? We have a 4 year old and 17 month baby so we will need a car that can handle all of us (and my 6'4" husband)

Any suggestions or comments about car rental experiences and the better places to rent a car will be appreciated.

We will be traveling from Madrid to Alicante, then from Alicante to Malaga/Ronda. Tarifa for some hopeful windsurfing, then onto Seville for the night before heading back to Madrid to fly home.

With 2 car seat and a pack n play, the idea of using the train for all of our hopeful stops is very costly and cumbersome. Of course, with the 2 children, we may choose to stay in one spot but would like the freedom a car will offer us.

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 05:55 PM

We were in Spain two years ago and found the best car rental rates for us were through Hispacar.
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:22 AM

Look around a lot for car rental rates AND understand their deductibles. You can google car rental coupons/codes discount codes to help your fees come down on yor major rental companies.

Use a major website, like travelocity, then go to individual rental ones, too.

Pepcar is fine. I see them all around.
But you may be able to do beter. This can be a tedious procedure.

Are you bringing your own carseats? For anextended trip it would be the best solution.
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:26 AM

You hubbies height may be a problem. There is no real guarantee what actual car you will get so can I ask what sort of group? ie Golf -206- C5?
I have never used Pepe cars But I have seen them around as they have big Orange stips along the side say "hey we have a hire car". That is not my style, is it yours?
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 06:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HI; Try these; www.economycarrentals.com/ www.carrentals.com www.novacarhire.com They deal with the major car companies,like Hertz, Avis, Budget, ect. See what happens. Richard
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Does Hispacar have any big logos on their rental vehicles like Pepecar does?
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 01:31 AM

I could be wrong but hispacar looks like an agency.
The actual web address is eezirent.net. based in Malaga.
This web page suggests that they area small company.
http://www.tecnoempleo.com/ofertas-e...rent-sl/160889
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 05:47 AM

try holiday autos we use them when we travel to spain to visit my sister, their prices are always very good. They are an agency so if you do book make sure they tell you which company you are hiring from, as at seville the first time i did not realise they did not have their own desk and had to ask various desks as to whether they were agents for holiday autos
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 06:26 AM

Yes, Hispacar is an agency where we found the best rates. When we rented there were no logos on our car. We were pleased with them. Our friends have also used them and liked them. Go to www.hispacar.com. We've also used www.economycarrentals.com as Iris suggested and found good rates. We didn't use them for Spain.
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 07:18 AM

I have gotten good rates through National in Spain, FWIW.
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM

We travel to and in Spain quite a lot and always use www.doyouspaincom. They are an agency but almost invariably are cheaper than others.

They operate a full to empty fuel plan, so you really need to make sure that you'll use at least a full tank if you use them.

We last used them at Palma airport, via Record Car Hire and were €20 to €30 cheaper per day.
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 10:13 AM

used easycar.com recently cos it was the cheapest I found online. Been to Spain twice before and drove both times. I like the freedom and flexibility a car affords.
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 03:38 AM

Is not easy car another rental company with logos? I have seen one or two cars around publicising the company.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...easycar203.jpg