Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know if any ferries or boats run from Amalfi, Salerno,etc to Sorrento during the end of November?

Search

Does anyone know if any ferries or boats run from Amalfi, Salerno,etc to Sorrento during the end of November?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 08:53 AM
April

I have finally (after a year of planning and putting it off) bought my airline tickets to Italy for 10 days the end of November with my 10 year old daughter. We are so excited and have been reading everything we can find and making our lists of must do's. We want to take the Amalfi coast bus ride down and would like to take a ferry or boat back for different scenery. I can't seem to find any info if any for the boats run as late as the end of November. Please if anyone knows or can let me know who to contact to find out, even if it after we get to Sorrento. We are using Sorrento as our base for a few days. Thanks so much for any help!! April

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 12:53 PM
a--z

I can't give you a definitive answer to your query --- suspect if the boats are running, then it's less frequently than during primetime season. There are a couple of regulars on this website who can give you more reliable info --- hopefully, Vicenzo or Steve will jump on to respond.<BR>

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:46 AM
xxxx

ttt

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Steve James

Hello April,<BR><BR>No, the Amalfi Coast services don't run as late as November.<BR><BR>From Sorrento I believe only the Sorrento-Capri service runs in November - dependant on weather.<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:31 AM
April

Thanks for your help! I guess it will be a bus both ways or maybe I will luck up and find a fisherman willing to hire his boat for a couple of hours and do the private tour thing!!! I really want to see the Amalfi coast from the water.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Steve James

April - There are several companies that do private tours on the Amalfi Coast if you're interested. Here are a few for starters:<BR><BR>www.lucibello.it<BR>www.syrene.it/gennaroesalvatore<BR>www.lucibello.it<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve<BR><BR>

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 09:06 AM
April

Thank you again!! This will be perfect. <BR><BR>I am going to make the plans now!