DO NOT USE www.limoservicesrome.com

Oct 19th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

DO NOT USE www.limoservicesrome.com

We are planning our second trip to Italy and while browsing through older posts I realized I should have posted this sooner. www.limoservicesrome.com is HORRIBLE and should not be used for any reason! They were not at the airport when we arrived and they did not show up at our hotel to take us to the airport!!! None of their phone numbers worked outside of Italy and when I finally got through to a man named Robert, he informed me that he didn't know where our car was but he would refund my money. When I got back to the US, he would not agree to refund our money or return any of my emails, phone calls, etc. As a warning to everyone, please do NOT use this service. It is a complete and total rip off.

Oct 19th, 2007, 10:45 AM

Do you mean that you paid this service in advance?
Oct 19th, 2007, 12:23 PM

If memory serves, there is a big difference between limoserviceSrome and limoservicerome.com The one without the "s" is recommended often here.
Oct 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM

We used the one without the "s" for our last trip and our driver was waiting outside our hotel at 4-something in the morning for us.
Oct 19th, 2007, 03:07 PM

And the one we've used several times, is often touted here, and seems to always get raves is www.romeshuttlelimousine.com with a set 35 euro price from FCO to central Rome, no prepayment, and great service.
Oct 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM

I agree with Patrick.

Jim
Oct 19th, 2007, 05:35 PM

I've also used www.airportshuttle.it four times with great service.
Oct 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM

Yes, it's long been known that Limo Service(s) Rome is not reliable. They try to take business from Limo Service (no S) Rome.
Oct 19th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Sorry that happened to you. I have read bad reviews about limoservicesrome.

Limoservicerome (no "s"), however is wonderful. The first time I went to Rome was two months after Hurricane Ivan. I had been in touch with Andrea right before the storm hit and told him it would be a while before he heard from me again. Lo and behold, my hometown was hit hard (to say the least!) and I was w/o electricity for almost 3 weeks, and without a phone for longer than that. When I got back with him he said that he had been keeping up with news of the storm and he still had my reservation, not to worry. Great service!

Johanna
Nov 14th, 2007, 06:42 PM
depai

LIMOSERVICESROME.com is another rip off by Robert...the owner of many rip off companies all of them internet only based companies.

Vaticancitytours.com
italytravelservices.com
italygetaways.com

Robert will always rip you off. You will always pay hundreds more than you agreed to. You will always be promised a refund for "over sights" as he likes to call them.

You will never get the refunds. You pay extra for credit cards, and then he insists he quoted you a net rate when actually the website only lists retail rates.

His independent contractor guides are very good--too bad they work for Robert.

Robert is a disgrace to the travel industry. He is a rip off artist.
He also uses AMEX logo and Visa logo on his website and pretends to be recommended by AMEX Platinum and Visa Concierge. AMEX AND VISA would never recommend anyone who charges extra for the usage of a credit card !!!

BEWARE of this company.....if you want to be ripped off----use them.

Nov 14th, 2007, 08:56 PM

depai - I just want to make certain you are NOT recommending all 4 companies. I'm looking for a Vatican Museum tour and want to be certain I end up with a legit company.

Thanks,
Lydia

LIMOSERVICESROME.com is another rip off by Robert...the owner of many rip off companies all of them internet only based companies.

Vaticancitytours.com
italytravelservices.com
italygetaways.com
Nov 15th, 2007, 02:59 AM
depai

Yes, all of the companies I listed are actually the same group of companies operated by the same person, Robert.

My apologies to ky bourbon who points out that I cannot read, which is one of the things Robert relies upon for his victims.

You will never receive an invoice in advance from Robert or his companies. There will always be charges which cannot be computed in advance. If there is any type transportation strike in Italy (which there frequently is, usually short-lived) Robert will also add another 50pct surcharge regardless of the type of transportation being used (he does mention this on his terms pages). SO, if the trains are on strike, your limo will be 50pct extra, etc.

Nov 15th, 2007, 05:17 AM

Depai - Thank you for the apology.

I see on their Vatican City Tour web site they say they are members of the ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents) and SATH (Society for Accessible Travel & Hospitality). I've tried entering a couple of the company names in ASTA member directory and they don't show up as members. You might contact them and ask them to get Robert to remove their logo's from his web site. There is also an e-mail for consumer complaints.
http://www.asta.org/about/memberconf...ItemNumber=671

http://www.sath.org/index.html?section=Contact%20SATH
Nov 15th, 2007, 05:34 AM

I found a link to report logo violators for ASTA. I'm surprised to see another Rome company listed as a violator - Green Line Tours - as they have been around awhile and I haven't heard complaints about them. I've also clicked on a few of the links on Robert's Vatican City Tours web site. One is for Italyhotelscenter so I think I would avoid that company also.

http://www.travelsense.org/consumer/logoviolators.asp

Travel Sense is a division of ASTA to help consumers locate reputable travel agents.
Nov 15th, 2007, 06:07 AM
depai

Ky Bourbon points out that they use the ASTA logo and other logos on their website claiming to be members.

It doesn't end there however. They also claim to be "recommended" by American Express Platinum Travel Services, and Visa Signature travel services. There is no credit card company on EARTH that would ever recommend you use a company which openly charges you extra for using a credit card !! Never believe anything like this. Credit card companies either "frown" on or
make illegal (depending upon the country laws involved, in the USA it is technically illegal), charging extra for the use of a credit card. In the USA for example, a merchant may say "a cash discount is possible", but they may NOT say "there is an extra fee for charging it on your credit card".

In Italy--anything goes. Robert will tell you that his prices are net payable in Rome. But because you charged it to a credit card, which he of course required you to do to confirm it (although you probably will ever get an actual advance confirmation with pricing), that extra charges are "customary" in Italy.

He will also blame Italy communication problems if you say you did not receive advance notice of something. He'll say something like " Well you don't realize how it is in Italy...sometimes e-mails go through, sometimes they don't".
Italy is not a third world country. You will not find any problem communicating in Italy via phone or e-mail with any other companies except those that he operates.

Ultimately--when you are back in your home country and see your credit card charges, if you complain about the services or say you were overcharged he will start using legal words like "extortion" and pretend that it is YOU who are trying to commit some type of crime.
He will also point out how that he is a legitimate ITALIAN company who must charge the VAT of 10pct, and must charge it as extra, not included (actually many companies DO list their prices as VAT included, but Robert cannot because there is never any pre-total of charges to base the VAT upon, no advance price will ever be confirmed in writing by e-mail).

The legitimate businessman from Italy will then charge you 10 pct VAT (required by Italian Law of course !!), in EURO, and then charge your credit card from Great Britain in GBP and the money is a British transaction with a British Bank (His relationship with AMEX demands this--or so Robert claims). There is no mention of why it must be done will ALL credit cards just because his relationship with AMEX requires it !!!

It must be an accounting nightmare for poor Robert--who must then convert the GBP back into EURO and transfer the amount back to Italy so that he can be a good honest business man and pay his Italian imposed VAT. This is a VAT scam. The services being charged in the U.K., are not being "consumed" in the U.K., they are being "consumed" in Italy, although also a EU country. I'm sure Robert is very aware of the law and abides by every detail of it, it must be very complicated at tax season.!!

STAY AWAY---and remember maybe his name is Robert and maybe it isn't. People who are scam artists don't use the same name for very long.

If someone wants an reasonably priced inexpensive group tour within Italy--and can't afford a private guide, try an old established company like Carrani Tours (since 1928). I have used them and although they are not exactly 5 stars, they give you exactly what they say they will, at the price you agreed to in advance, there are no surprises.

Nov 15th, 2007, 06:33 AM

I've had successful car service experiences with
Euroservice http://www.italytour.ws/, email was [email protected]
Driver was there when I arrived, he helped me with my luggage, he was friendly and a good driver. Which is not to contradict the other suggestions above.