Do I need more time in Amsterdam?

Apr 4th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Do I need more time in Amsterdam?

We are going for 3 nights to Amsterdam in the beginning of July.
Want to see the sites in the city and take a day trip to see the windmills, etc. Will I have enough time? Or, would an added night or two be advisable? Please list the order of most important sites to not miss. Thanks.

Oh, staying at the Brouwer Hotel. If 1 or 2 more nights are needed, may I please have a recommendation for a hotel to move to. thanks.
Apr 4th, 2009, 06:39 PM

Depends whether or not you inhale. ;-)
Apr 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM

Amsterdam really deserves two full days, better three - not counting a day trip. It would be a good idea to add a day.
Apr 5th, 2009, 09:40 AM

I was there for 5 days, with no day trips, and that was a nice amount to get a taste and overview of the city.
Apr 5th, 2009, 10:00 AM

3 nights is about 2 full days.
If you you are interested in seeing a museum or two , you'll need more time.
Apr 6th, 2009, 08:22 PM

Spend at least 3 days as there are a host of things to see right in the city.

I have spent 3 full days there on a few occasions and feel I want to see more. We are going for 4 days in Sept.
I cant wait to show DH the Van Gogh Museum, Jordaan, Old Center, RedLight,Flower Market,9 streets,The "Pleins" and
The Pijp with Albert Cuyp Market.
Also going on a twilight canal ride is a must.
Apr 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Hello,

Well, settled on 4 nights which will give us 3 full days, and I'm thinking that will be fine, or not enough. We want to go on a day trip and so that leaves only 2 full days for Amsterdam itself.

We will be arriving on a Saturday morningthe last week of July, staying at the Brouwer Hotel in the Van Gogh room. We will have that afternoon and evening, so- - -that really means 2-1/2 days in Amsterdam, since we think we will go the last full day on a trip to some surrounding towns, or flower fields. Maybe a
"Best of Holland" tour of some kind.

My husband is the only one who rides a bike, . . . I never learned, and so that leaves out any bicycling tours. Would it be safe to say that going on a trip to
Brugg would just take too long? Better to see the Windmills and outskirts of Amsterdam, right?
Apr 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Been to Ams about 5 times and since you going in July I would spend a few more day there, the weather is good and lots to see and do. Checkout the hotel agora. It address is 420 Singel and is about a mile from Central Station. Ask if the loft is available. Nice room and cost about 120e per night which is pretty reasonable.