3 days in Amsterdam

Search

3 days in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 days in Amsterdam

We will be stopping in Amsterdam for 3 days next month on our way back from South Africa and we are wondering how should we plan our stay? We'd like to take some time to visit Delft/The Hague and possibly go to Brussels for a few hours.
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 12:25 PM

I don't think you can do Brussels during your three days.
Is that three full days or one day travelling to Ams, one day there and one day flying our again? When next month?
If it is three full days then you could do Delft and Den Haag on one day, but even then you aren't leaving much time for Amsterdam.
Keukenhof is open which you may enjoy, but that is also a full day, or nearly a full day, trip.
If you want to visit the Anne Frankhuis buy your tickets online to save queuing. You could also do this for the Van Gogh museum.
Hotels may be hard to find since it is bulb time, and will be impossible to find around Easter and Koninginnedag (April 30th) I expect.
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 01:25 PM

With such a short visit, I'd do maybe 1 side trip, but not 3. We went to Delft from Amsterdam, which was an easy trip - we spent most of a day there and really enjoyed it.

How to spend your time in Amsterdam really depends on your interests - there are tons of things to see.
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

We will have 3 full days (not counting the days we fly in and out). We will be there April 20-24. We have booked a room at the Movenpick City Centre for 80$ per night on Priceline. I agree that we wouldn't have much time for Amsterdam if we decided to do two day trips. We will have to think about it. We leave for South Africa in five days though so we have to decide quickly!
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 02:34 PM

I suggest a morning and early afternoon in Haarlem and then a few hours going to and roaming Keukenhof. Be flexible because you want to be in Keukenhof on a sunny day. You can stop by in Leiden on your way back to Amsterdam.