Discounted business class airfare

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if is a reputable company that can get me discounted business class air fares to Amsterdam? It just seems like fares keep rising and my Mom (90yrs old) need dto go Business Class. Ouch!!!! Can you help or do we need a miracle???
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:36 AM

If we knew one we would be booking now.
You are 5 years too late.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:44 AM

We'd all be using them if there was such a company. Have you considered economy plus? At her age she will get help at the airport and priority boarding if you ask for them. Economy plus will give a bit more room, for a lot less money than business class.
The alternative is of course FF miles if you or a family member has them.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM

You need a miracle. AMEX's 2-for 1 business class fares on its platinum card were sometimes a good deal, but not so much anymore. Got any FF miles for upgrades?
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:17 PM

Not miraculous, but you might try www.iflybusiness.com. www.wholesale-flights.com and www.Sunlinetravels.com.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:39 PM

All those discount business airlines have gone bankrupt (eg, Eos, Maxjet, Silverjet). Openskies is on its last legs and only flies Paris to Newark now. Even that one isn't that cheap, of course, it's still about $2K RT. I'd also try FF points and if you don't have enough, you can sign up for one of those credit cards that gives you 50K points right away or something, and use them for an upgrade. You can't do that routinely, of course, but it's one option.

For example, the Delta Amex gives you 30K miles upon signup once you spend $500 or something. And Delta is a partner with Air France and KLM. In fact, I have that card and it's not a bad deal. Of course, you have to book a full fare to use the upgrade and I don't know how many miles it requires.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Assuming you manage to find a suitable airfare - will you be able to get travel insurance for her? Particularly health care - that will be essential!
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM

I think what you are looking for is a seat comfortable enough for you mom at lowest possible price?

By constraining your search to a discounted business class ticket, you may be limiting your options.

You have not indicated where she is flying from nor how far in advance the trip is. Both of which have impact on pricing.

Also, not all the business class seats are the same. Some use only slightly better seat for first and business class while airlines like Air France offers Premium Voyageur seat at price between economy and business, but almost as good seats as business seats on other airlines, but with less leg space.

In order to find out just kind of seats you are buying beyond "business class" title, you need to cross check www.seatguru.com and the airline web sites.

Sometimes I find surprises checking the seatguru. On one flight, I had an economy seat and I was kicking around whether to upgrade using my points. Looking at seatguru, I found out that because of a fluke in seat placement, the seat I had had the most leg room of all the seats on the plane -- even more than the 1st class, so I just kept it.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM

airawards.com cheapoair.com bizclass
cheaper fares usually for me.
openskies.com has nice price points into
Paris train up seat61.com might also save
plus you can add Paris BEAUTIFUL.

Good luck!
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM

www.flyOpenSkies.com
best sales I am seeing this year.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 01:38 PM

I never use travel agents, but this might be the time to check with one. They might be able to arrange something good.

We took my dad to the UK a few years ago on Virgin. We were booked into Economy Plus and when we checked in at the airport with dad in a wheelchair (87 yrs old) they immediately upgraded him to first class so he could have a bed. Very, very nice of them.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM

You did not say where you were flying from, here is Australia we have two great business class fares at the moment, one with Royal Brunei and the other with Garuda, both have lie flat beds.