Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dinner at Salieri Restaurant in Covent Gardens, London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever had dinner at Salieri Restaurant in London's Covent Garden? We have tickets next week for the Ballet at the Royal Opera House and wanted a special dinner. Also, are they vegetarian friendly?
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 08:48 PM

sorry haven't heard of that one, did you mean the Sarastro? It is right by the opera house and has special opera menus...we ate there last year, it is very popular, great decor, and the food was awesome!
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 02:01 AM

Crusty<BR>You can find information on Salieri at the following website: http://www.toptable.co.uk<BR>Doing a search for Salieri restaurant on google.com also brings up a number of sites with information.<BR>Kavey<BR>
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 04:42 AM

Salieri's is my favorite restaurant in London, right on the Strand. I don't recall vegetarian meals per se, but the salads were wonderful and there are a lot of pasta dishes. The desserts were wonderful as well.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 07:05 AM

We've eaten at Salieri several times and enjoyed it. I don't think of it as being in Covent Garden, however. As noted above, it is on the Strand and a few blocks from Covent Garden.<BR><BR>Sorry I can't help with vegetarian question.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:30 AM

It seemed to me from our recent trip to London that every single restaurant had choices for vegetarians; this does not seem to be problematic in England as it does in the U.S., where many restaurants have nothing but side dishes for vegetarian diners. Also, vegetarian choices on menus in London actually looked appetizing, again in contrast to frequent experiences in the U.S.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:48 AM

Actually Salieri's is in Covent Garden, as is the Savoy, and even Charing Cross Station. Some people have the mistaken idea that Covent Garden is simply the covered market. But Covent Garden is an official area of London with its own governing bodies to certain limits. It extends right down to the banks of the Thames beyond the Strand in fact. If you go to www.coventgardenlife.com, you can click on maps and see a map that shows the full Covent Garden area.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:51 AM

OOps, I forgot to mention that www.coventgardenlife.com is also a good place to look for full descriptions, times, and prices for all the restaurants in that area, including Salieri.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 01:04 PM

Patrick: Thanks for enlightening me. I was mistakenly under the impression that Covent Garden was the square and surrounding buildings.<BR><BR>Learn something new everyday on this forum.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:02 PM

OK now I'll admit it. I used to think the same thing, so when first renting an apartment I was surprised when I was told in was in Covent Garden. I pictured a place in the rafters of the market place. I've now rented my flat on Floral Street in Covent Garden about six times and love it more each time -- and learned a lot about the area.