Reload this Page >

Dining alone in Prague

Search

Dining alone in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Sugar

Dining alone in Prague

I'm going to Prague in a few weeks by myself. Part of the fun for me is trying the food when I travel. Can anyone suggest some places where I can go and have a nice meal but not feel uncomfortable about being a single woman by myself? Money is also a considation. I'd like a nice meal but don't want to break the bank. Thanks for any information.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Matt

Going alone has advantages and disadvantages. You can do and go anywhere you want, but there is no one there to share it with. I ate at Pizza Hut, TGIFridays, and Red Hot & Blues. They are all next to the Powder Tower.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 02:19 AM
xxx

Matt, the original post was directed to dining in Prague, CZ, not the strip mall in middle America...Europeans eat alone all the time, no one cares....but you!!!

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 03:12 AM
Julie

Avant Guide to Prague starts its listing of resturants with a whole page of those that they consider good for dining alone. Check it out.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 03:17 AM
Julie

I just checked the website for Avant Guide mentioned in my post above. Looks like they;ll let you download guidebook info from it. avantguide.com

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 04:18 AM
Jerry

My wife and I just returned. We ate at Restaurant Mucha, Melantrichova 5; Alizee Restaurant, Siroka 4; and Klementinum behind the Chapel of Mirrors on Platnerska. My wife would dine alone at any one of those places.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Wayne

A more high-class place where sophisticated women are seen eating alone is the Vad Rosza. It's the place where diplomats and executives eat, and it seems perfectly normal to see single women and men eating there.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Victoria

Although I traveled to Prague with my husband last spring, he was on business for two of the days we were there, so I was by myself for the large portion of the day. I found the cafe at the Obecni Dum pleasant for solo eating at lunch, especially when weather permitted outdoor dining. Lunch cost, consisting of a sandwich, beverage and torte was around 8 USD. Heck, skip the sandwich and have two pieces of their delicious desserts!

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Kate Burden

I went to Prague on business once and stayed at the Prauge Intercontinental,a lovely hotel. I had dinner on my own in the restaurant on the top floor. The food, service and atmosphere were fabulous, but the chief attraction was the amazing view out of the huge panaromic windows of all the historic spires and towers of Prague. This experience is my abiding memory of Prague.<BR><BR>Kate

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 02:02 AM
jason

Please take some time to try Czech Food and not just pizzas etc. The link below goes to a site which I have built up with 5 years of knowledge about Prague and it has various pages like eating in a Czech restaurant, which will help you out.<BR><BR>http://www.geocities.com/jasoncholt/praha.html

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 10:55 PM
jim

Angel's by all means. I can't recall address but it is near all sites and is run by Brits. Simple and friendly place but with excellent food. NYT recommmends<BR>don't miss it.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 12:44 PM
jason

This will be the Angel Cafe at Opatovicka 3, Prague 1. http://www.angelcafe.cz<BR><BR>JAson

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:31 PM
Dano

Sugar. You may have left already and this is of course not dating site but if you wish i will be in prague for week of april 5 til the 13. Will be more than happy to assist if you wish.<BR>Just email me as i will have email at the hotel i am staying.<BR>I am also going alone that week.<BR>so if any assistance i can be let me know. No problem.<BR>Dano<BR>I have been there to prague many times.<BR>

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:20 AM
Melissa

Just left Prague yesterday (am now in Munich). I am sorry to tell you that Angel has closed. In wandering that same area (Opatickova - Ostrovni) I found Universal Cafe, which was yummy and cheap and nice for a solo diner.<BR><BR>My absolute favorite in Prague is Restaurace U Seminaristy (45 Spalena), located down a long hallway away from the street. Another fab place to be alone or with friends--SUPER good food, great wine, excellent prices, and incredible staff. I ate there twice and was so sad that I could not eat there more, as I was at the end of my trip! My Brit friends ate there EVERY day for 5 days.....something I could easily do, now that I know how good it is.