Reload this Page >

dingle penninsula

Search

dingle penninsula

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 05:56 AM
marg.

dingle penninsula

Message: We're also travelling in late March early April and are looking for a &quot;not-too-outrageously-expensive&quot; B&amp;B in Dingle or Tralee for 3 nights.<BR><BR>Any suggestions on which town would be better? Any ideas on moderately priced B&amp;Bs?<BR><BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:08 AM
john

plenty of places,dingle town is quaint and picturest.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:26 AM
xxx

I'm curious. Does &quot;not-too-outrageously-expensive&quot; mean that you will be happy with a place that is merely expensive? Or are you one of those people who can't bring herself to say what you really mean, &quot;I want a really cheap place&quot;?

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:29 AM
bill

Marg<BR><BR>There is a place near Castlegregory that is right in between Dingle and Tralee on the north coast of Dingle looking out at the Atlantic Ocean. It is a 5 star B&amp;B and cost no more than 2 Star. Easily the most comfortable B&amp;B I've ever stayed at and the breakfasts are fantastic. I thought it was more comfortable than the Ashford Castle. The name you ask? The Shores. Annette O'Malley is wonderful and you'll have a great stay. We'll be ther in May for two nights.<BR>http://shores.main-page.com/<BR><BR>They are also on the Town and Country site.<BR><BR>Have fun!<BR><BR>Bill<BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:29 AM
Susan

Dingle is a delightful town filled with B&amp;B's, and much niceer than Tralee. I don't think there is such a thing there is an &quot;outrageouly expensive&quot; one. Milltown House is a wonderful place with fantastic breakfasts in the conservatory.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 09:00 AM
Mary

Without question, I'd choose Dingle over Tralee.<BR> Last summer, we stayed at Clonmara B&amp;B. Think it was 28 Euro per person per night. About a 10 minute walk from Dingle town, and located right on the harbor with knockout views from the front of the house. Large and comfortable rooms, large and well-appointed bathrooms, great breakfasts.<BR> To locate the place, use this site: www.familyhomes.ie, click County Kerry and look on the list for Dingle.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 12:47 PM
marg

Thanks for the great response. I've emailed a couple of places and am awaiting feedback.<BR>Our daughter was there last June but they self-catered. Loved it!<BR>Oh! BTW, by inexpensive, I just meant that I didn't want to spend my vacation budget on a place to crash. Not hostel cheap, but not Ritz expensive. Already done castles. Prefer something cozier.<BR>Thanks again.

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Dingle area has a wide choice of B and B's,look up the web-site www.dinglewest.com and dingle -region.com
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 08:53 PM

Greenmount House in Dingle is very popular - we have booked for the end of March. Hope you enjoy your trip!
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 07:19 AM

marg,<BR><BR>I'd opt for Dingle over Tralee. The Dingle Peninsula is justifiably one of the Republic's biggest draws for scenery-seekers. The landscape is spectacular, and Irish history buffs will find much to see and do, with such attractions as Gallarus Oratory, the Blasket Islands, and Kilmakedar medieval church.<BR><BR>Good lodging in the Dingle area is a snap, and there are several that are especially good, including:<BR><BR>The Captain's House, located in The Mall, Dingle town (see homepage.eircom.net/~captigh/)<BR><BR>Milltown House, Dingle town (see www.//indigo.ie/~milltown/<BR><BR>Greenmount House, Dingle. This seems to be a favorite of many Fodorites, and with good reason. Greenmount is very well run and features absolutely yummy and creative breakfasts. See www.greenmounthouse.com<BR><BR>Best of luck.