Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Did search but can only find a few restaurant ideas for Capri and Anicapri... any ideas?

Search

Did search but can only find a few restaurant ideas for Capri and Anicapri... any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi:

Did a search but can't find a lot of suggestions for restaurants on Capri and Anicapri... we will be there in a couple of weeks with our 3 kids (ages 14, 12, 10) and would like to have a nice lunch and/or dinner? If you know of threads that I have missed or have your own suggestions, it would be must appreciated. Thanks, Lisamarc
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 05:06 PM

Have you read any of Fodor's reviews? Check the restaurants link on the orange "toolbar" above. Choose Europe, and then Rome, and then you will be able to bring up a column on the left that lists Capri and the Amalfi coast as a destination from which you can read some restaurant reviews. I hope you post after your trip, because I'll be going in September!

BC
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 05:32 PM
kdcwood

We had a very good lunch in Anacapri last May at the Ristorante Materita. It sits near a church on a beautiful square with tiled benches and lots of flowers.

I have a review posted

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 05:34 PM
kdcwood

Sorry, I clicked the button too quickly!

I have a review posted here: http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/restau...amp;s=anacapri. The review has a link to some more information about the restaurant. I know they have pizza (unsure if it was available at lunch... only know we didn't have it).

Our 11 year old daughter really enjoyed the meal.

Kathy

P.S. Be sure to take the chairlift up to the top from Anacapri!

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 05:46 PM

I did a lot of research for restaurants and following are my notes. Our family is leaving for Italy in 10 days, so I haven't had the opportunity to check any of them out. Maybe something will strike your fancy:

CAPRI / ANACAPRI RESTAURANTS

Capri
Bar Scialapoplo, Via Vittorio Emanuele, 55, a few meters away from the Piazzetta. Open late every day. Menu: This is a snack bar with toasted sandwiches, warm bread rolls, caffe, gelato, granita, cocktails, and stracciatella (soup). Famous for their delicious panini with their secretly-guarded sauce recipe.
www.scialapopolo.com

al Grottino, Via Longano 27. Tel. 081-837-0584. Reasonable prices – definitely check it out.
www.capri.net, then select restaurants and you should get their web page.

Ristorante Buca di Bacco,Via Longano, 25 or 35. Tel. 081-8370723. Good value. Casual, inexpensive. Closed Wednesdays—definitely worth checking out. Go to www.capri.net, then restaurants, and you should get their web page.

Edode, Via Camerelle, 81. Tel. 081-838-8242. Opened May, 2005. Entrees between 17€ - 32€.

I Faraglioni, Via Camerelle, 75. Jet set? Expensive?

da Gemma, Via Madre Serafina, 6. Tel. 081-837-0461. A Margherita Mizza cocktail is about 6€. This is a pizzeria behind Chiesa di Santa Stefano (church) in the Piazzetta. Closed Mondays.

La Campannina, Via le Botteghe, 12B-14. Near the Piazzetta (look for a discreet-covered veranda). Tel. 081-837-0732. Open 12 – 3 & 7:30 – 12. Unpretentious, but charming. Summertime dine in the inner courtyard. Good reviews on their homemade ravioli.

La Pigna, Viale la Palazzo, 30. Tel. 081-837-0280. Open 12- 3 and evenings (no hours posted). The finest meals for the money on the island: 14€ - 20€ (probably higher). Opened in 1875. Lots of flowers and lemon trees. Outdoor dining. Menu example: Penne in eggplant sauce, chicken supreme with mushrooms. Dessert: Almond & chocolate torte. Waiters are courteous & efficient. The atmosphere is nostalgic, as the guitarists stroll by singing Neapolitan ballads.

Le Grottelle, Via Arco Naturale., or is it on Matermani, 3? Tel. 081-837-5719. Located above the Blue Grotto. This restaurant’s interior looks like a grotto. Good reviews. www.capri.net

Marina Grande
da Paolino, Via Palazza a Mare, 11. Tel. 081-837-6102. Open 12 – 3 & 8 – 11. Chic restaurant. Authentic Caprese cuisine. Dining is in a lemon grove. Reservations required. Credit cards accepted.

La Canzone del Mare, Via Marina Piccolo, 93. Tel. 081-837-0104. Lunch-only in the thatch-roof pavilion looking out over the sea and I Faraglioni (rocks) in the distance. This is Capri as picture-perfect as it gets. Credit Cards.

Lo Zodiaco, (near the boat operators.) Simple, homemade pastas, and out-of-this-world pizza. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Open for lunch (don’t know about dinner).

Anacapri
Bar Buchetto, a café located in the center of Anacapri. Outside seating, just a few steps away from the picturesque pathway to Villa San Michele. Drinks, snacks.

da Antonio, take the local bus from Anacapri center to the “Faro.” Faro di Punto Carena, Anacapri.
Snacks, sandwiches, salads until sunset. Wonderful terrace overlooking the Bay of Naples and the lighthouse.

La Rondinella, Via Orlandi, 295. Tel. 081-837-1223. Open 12 -3 & 7 – 12. Reservations recommended. Southern Italian food, likeable staff, garden view. Located adjacent to the Santa Sophia Church. Menu examples: Homemade ravioli stuffed with cheese & tomatoes, grilled seafood, filet of veal or chicken slathered with mozzarella. Dessert: Tiramisu. Cost: 8€ - 20€. Credit cards accepted.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:53 PM

I second Lo Zodiaco. Had a delicious dinner there last year.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for these tips... a couple of them sound right up our alley. Grazie. Yes, I will post after our trip with some of our favorites from Venice, Tuscany, Rome and Amalfi Coast. Ciao, Lisamarc
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Lisamarc,

Loved Villa Verde in Capri. Did not like Le Archi in Anacapri.

Buon viaggio!
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 12:34 PM

PS, highly recommend La Brace in Praiano too!