Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Derag Hotel Henriette Berlin - Anyone stay here or know anything about it?

Old Aug 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Berlin from Sept. 24-26, 2004. That is the end of the tradeshows there, so we were having problems finding a good hotel with availability that was not $250 a night. Used Priceline and no luck at all. Came across this hotel listed 4* at Places To STay.com but it is also listed in Expedia and Travelocity. There is no hotel feedback or reviews anywhere on the web that I can find. Does anyone have any information on this hotel? Also is it in a good location for seeing the main sights of Berlin? The address is Neue Roßstr. 13. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Original Poster

to the top
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 12:00 AM

I'd still consider trying to use Priceline if you can get a cheap enough price, although I know I read elsewhere that those dates are hard to get. Plus, it would certainly be possible to get a worse location than what you've got, using Priceline.

The hotel is reasonably located in Mitte, although a little farther north than I would prefer, and you will probably want to take the S-Bahn/U-Bahn some.

Also check out http://www.hrs.de - there are many reasonable options for under $250 USD per night, but I don't know what you got this one for.

For example the Berlin Marriott is 139 Euros per night and the Mercure Berlin Mitte is 140 Euros per night.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

I got two double rooms for 110E each per night including breakfast. Also got one single room for 90E a night including breakfast. I have tried Priceline for over two months and as recent as yesterday with no luck, bidding way above the usual prices that the rooms go for on that site in Berlin.

Is the neighborhood safe where the Henriette is located? Thanks for the help and information.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 11:57 AM

Almost everywhere in Berlin is pretty safe. The one or two exceptions are not where tourists are likely to go and your hotel neighborhood is not in those.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

WillTravel: Thanks for the info. It is always good to check the neighborhood out when you are not familiar with the area. I have stayed in Berlin before but not in that area. I enjoyed that hotel, but it was booked way in advance. Hopefully someone who has stayed at the Henriette will see this post and give me some info about the hotel etc. Thanks again!
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

ttt - one more time
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 09:10 AM

It's a pretty quiet neighborhood, with the City Museum of Berlin closeby (called 'Maerkisches Museum'), and with a bunch of embassies around. Behind the museum is a small park that houses the Berlin bears in a small enclosure - the bear being on the flag of Berlin. Interesting to take a look at.
You're also not too far from the 'Nikolai' quarter, which attempts to recreate historical downtown Berlin (completely destroyed in the war), and which has lots of restaurants & pubs.

You also have a subway station right there, which makes getting around very easy. Unfortunately I can't tell you about the hotel specifically, but the website makes it look OK...
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

It is good to hear that there is a subway station nearby. When we were in Berlin before, we had friends that transported us by car. We did not have to use the subway system. Is it as easy to get around on as London and Paris?
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:22 PM

Apseals-I found this information on the Derag Henriette, it sounds very nice-I'd certainly stay there!:

DERAG HOTEL AND LIVING Hotel Henriette
Put the link to DERAG HOTEL AND LIVING Hotel Henriette on your site

Generous rooms, completely furnished apartments with kitchen or kitchenette and exclusive suites are at your disposal. 24-hour service, conference rooms for up to 80 persons with state-of-the art conference equipment, special business offers, a booking service for theatres or the opera offer travellers on private or business trips everything their hearts desire. Guests are invited to enjoy the sauna, steam bath and solarium of the Derag Hotel and Living Hotel Grosser Kurfuerst.

Star rating
Airport: Berlin Tegel
Areas served: Berlin; Potsdam
Check in time: 14:00
Check out time: 11:00
Location description: The Hotel Henriette of Derag Hotel and Living is situated right in the center of Berlin in the little government sector. Directly on the Maerkisches Ufer and only a few minutes away from the Alexanderplatz, a top-modern 4-star house equipped with all amenities expects you.
Number of floors: 6
Number of rooms: 54
Rate information: Indicative rates are for search purposes only. The entire range of rates may not be available during certain seasons or other specified periods of time. Check for specific rate availability and seasonal closing when making a reservation.
Restaurant: Opening hours from 12.00 noon to 22.00 pm every day Restaurant serves continental and seafood Prices up from Eur 10.00 Seating capacity: 40 persons Meals served: lunch and dinner Restaurant with terrace overlooking the Spree River.
Address: 10179 Neue Rossstrasse 13 , Berlin, Germany
Rate (room/night): 90 EURO

Number of persons per room*:
123 Arrival date*:

Number of rooms*:
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:27 PM

P.S. Berlin has one of the best public transport systems in the world. You'll have no problem-regular bus, U-Bahn, S-bahn, hop-on, hop-off bus-take your pick-it's cheap, it's easy-what more could you ask?
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Original Poster

Spygirl: Thanks so much for the information on the hotel and the subway. I am feeling much better about the hotel now and will write a hotel review on this thread as well as tripadvisor etc so others will have the info. Thanks again!
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 07:00 PM

Please do! The more trip reports on Berlin the better!

P.S. Just curious-on your first post-how did you manage to make the "eszet" or "scharfes S" character on "Rossstr? Note that I couldn't!
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Original Poster

Spygirl: I cut and pasted it and I also have the German Microsoft Language download on my computer. At least I think it was those two things that did it..
Old Aug 15th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

one last time...ttt
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Just got back from Berlin and LOVED this hotel. See trip report for details... http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...022&dirtyBit=1