Search

Dentix in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2016, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dentix in Spain

I was in Spain this Spring and saw several Dentix clinics with the sign outside that says "implant 400 Euros" (or was it 300 Euros?). The clinics looked clean and modern. Has anyone in Spain had experience with the clinics? Is it a reputable chain? I plan to go to Spain next Spring and seriously considering an implant if it is a reputable outfit. By the time I convinced myself it would be worth learning more, like the time it takes, etc., the store was closed. It costs about $2,000 in the States.
Old Jul 22nd, 2016, 07:31 AM

Have you ever had an implant? If so, it can't be done in one visit. Their website says the rates "start" at 222 euro but don't give a final price. Are you fluent in Spanish? I notice their website does not even have an English version.

Press is not good, I believe they have been sued for false advertising and of course, the end price is nothing like 200 euro (I think this articles says 1000, which you still may think a bargain). Lots of consumer complaints, of course, although websites do tend to collect dissatisfied customers.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/consum...illas_1155225/

http://foro.enfemenino.com/forum/f22...on-dentix.html

Now the latter is mainly complaints, but I do notice one person on there who had gotten implants has been having the process ongoing for 9 months, I believe--I read it quickly. In fact, I think my implants in the US took about 4-6 months as it takes months for the implant to fuse to the jawbone before the top prosthesis can be attached (the visible tooth part).

Dentix does say the price includes the followup work for 6 months or something like that.
Old Jul 22nd, 2016, 08:05 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Consider Budapest, the dental work capitol of Europe.
Old Jul 22nd, 2016, 08:55 AM

Being personally near the end of the implant process, I would never recommend a 'one stop shop' for such an important dental procedure. My entire process has taken well over a year. Sure you might be able to get an implant in one day but what is the chance it will last for a lifetime? There are many important aspects that need to be addressed before the actual implant is installed to ensure the best result possible.
Old Jul 22nd, 2016, 05:11 PM

Dental implants take several visits over a lengthy period of time.

There is also no guarantee of success. The success rate of a top dentist is about 98% - I don;t know what the rate for poor ones is.

Also, the implant has a much better chance of success if the extraction has been done at least 6 months before the start of the implant process so the gums have time to settle.

There are some thing that should not be done on the cheap - and like other medical care, dental implants is one of them.

If you really want to do this look at the success record of dentists in various places. I know nothing about the places you are talking about - but just the price would ensure I would never go there.
Old Jul 22nd, 2016, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your responses. I am now convinced that Dentix is not the way. I had one implant, and it took several month. But lately I have seen a company that advertises one stop implant, so I thought that is OK. Anyway, I will not get it done in Spain. Thank you again.
Old Jul 23rd, 2016, 07:39 AM

Good decision.