Delft Hotels

Feb 7th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Delft Hotels

I have found some web sites for Delft hotels but I can't seem to find any information concerning recommendations. Can anyone give any personal reviews or recommendations for Delft hotels? Thanks.
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:21 AM

Several years ago we stayed at the Bridge Hotel (or Bridge House Hotel---can't remember which.) It's small, probably 12 or so rooms and right on a canal. Walking distance to everything. We had a very large room at the front with a nice sitting area. Great bathroom! It's owned by a young, enthusiastic man who comletely renovated the building and loves his business. I would highly recommend it.
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:31 AM

OK, people are complaining because this site has become too boring, so in light of that I will offer this answer to Milton.

Milton: I'd never stay in a Delft Hotel. Delft tiles are not only expensive they are very hard. The sound problems in an entire hotel made of Delft would be mind-boggling. The echo in the room alone would prevent me from getting much sleep. And frankly I think the all blue and white color scheme could get kind of boring.
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:30 AM

Milton, tell me what kind of hotel you like and I'll make recommendations for you (I live in Delft). In general: the 'best' hotels, as in most stars, are the Museum Hotel (Best Western chain, but in an historic building) and the Hotel de Ark, but I prefer Bridges House Hotel for the reasons Maggie gives. I also like Hotel Leeuwenbrug and the Emaeuspoort, and the Johannes Vermeer has a definite Vermeer-feeling to it, even if some of the reproductions of his paintings are awful! Hotel de Vlaming is also good. If you are arriving by train, choose a hotel in the center of town (all the ones I've mentioned, and more). If you have a car, there is a large public parking lot next to the Leeuwenbrug. The Leeuwenbrug also has put together a very nice VOC (Dutch East Indies Company) historical package, with a night in the hotel, museum entrances, a VOC present, breakfast in bed if desired, bike rental and a VOC bike route, and a medieval banquet in a nearby restaurant. Enjoy!
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Jenviolin. Thank you for the advice. I booked the Bridges House Hotel.
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:22 AM

Milton, excellent choice! You will have a great host!