Decaf in Ireland?

May 13th, 2005, 12:52 PM
epi
Original Poster

Decaf in Ireland?

This is a pretty trivial question, but important to me. Will I find drinkable decaf at breakfast in Ireland? I love coffee, and can't drink more than one cup of caff without vibrating off my chair. If brewed decaf isn't commonly available, I'll try to find a way of bringing some decaf with me.
Thanks for your help.
May 13th, 2005, 12:58 PM

Ask at your hotel or B&B for Decaf and I am sure they will accommodate but it will probably be instant.
May 13th, 2005, 04:08 PM

On our trip we stayed mainly in B&Bs, and usually there was decaf available at the breakfast buffet - a few times brewed was available. We found breakfast in Ireland to generally be really good with fresh & dried fruit, 2 or 3 kinds of cereal w/ real cream, little packaged soft cheese, yogurt, toast, sometimes a pastry, and always the hot full breakfast was offered, too.
May 13th, 2005, 05:43 PM

It depends on what kind of coffee you like. I happen to like stong (Italian-like ) coffee - and found that quite hard to get - either regular or decaf in Ireland - what;s avaialble is usually very weak.
May 13th, 2005, 05:49 PM

I was in Ireland 2 years ago and didn't see any decaf. Of course I didn't ask for it either. I'm sure they have it though,with so many people traveling all over the world....
I'm sure they are prepared for the tourists'needs. natjgc
May 14th, 2005, 06:43 AM

Do you like tea? I also am sensitive to caffeine, but drink a cup of tea every morning. It has a lot less caffeine than coffee. It is also easy to pack tea bags, including decaf green tea or whatever you like.
May 15th, 2005, 11:34 AM

Decaf will vary greatly from one B&B to another. Some will not have it. Others will have instant. Still others will have brewed decaf (but few have this). It is more common at guesthouses and hotels. You could try taking some coffee bags (they look like tea bags) you can get at the supermarket. Not a good as brewed but better than instant.
May 17th, 2005, 06:22 AM

Topping for epi. Here's your disappeared post.
May 17th, 2005, 08:56 AM
epi
Original Poster

Thank you all, particularly Budman for topping it. I don't understand why, when I did a search of Decaf, it didn't reappear. I only posted it 4 days ago, and when I searched on decaf I got some postings from 3 years ago, but mine from 4 days ago didn't reappear.
It sounds as if I should take some decaf coffee bags with me. tea just doesn't do it for me - I love the taste of coffee, although not Sanka.

Search this Thread