Notices

day trips from Galway

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
day trips from Galway

My daughter is going to grad school in Galway and I'm going to fly over with her in September. She'll be busy with orientation, etc. the first few days and I'm going to be entertaining myself. Been to the Aran Islands (loved them), but want to take a few other day trips, probably bus or small group tour, while she is tied up. Suggestions?
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lally Tours, www.lallytours.com, offers some great tours up into the Connemaras and down into Clare, as well.

Galway East, www.galwayeast.com, offers a great tour into Eastern Co. GAlway, which includes Coole Park, Athenry Heritage Town, the Dartfield Hose Park and museum and a visit to Yeat's home, Thoor Ballylee.

Galway Tour Company, http://www.galwaytourcompany.com. would be another to take a look at. I was tired and didn't make the tour my friend booked for us through them. However she went and said it was a blast. The one she had booked for us was Celtic Tales.

I hope this helps. What a great place to go to Grad school!

Slan Beo,

Bit Devine

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 01:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you go to the TI they offer tours.We went on a all day trip to the Connemara and it was very nice.have a great trip
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, Tune. Do you remember which company you went with?
Thanks!
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 03:32 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would definitely recommend going up into Connemara. It was one of our favorite landscapes in Ireland. Look for a tour that includes Kylemore Abbey, which is just spectacular.

I have photos of the Connemara area and Kylemore in my recent Ireland trip report: http://tinyurl.com/ywv9xy

Old Jun 26th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your travelogue was great, ERin, and I loved the pictures. Can't wait to see the Abbey!
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 10:34 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont remember the name but there were two companies that offer about the same tour.We visited Kylemore Abbey which was very nice.Also in Galway take the double decker bus around Galway.It gives a lot of info and is inexpensive.Our driver came up top and sang Danny Boy before we departed.Have a great trip jack
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 03:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bus Eireann do tours to Kylemore Abbey/Connemara and The Burren/Cliffs of Moher from the main bus station in Galway. Please see https://www.buseireann.ie/asp/TourList.asp#1