Reload this Page >

Day Spa in London?

Search

Day Spa in London?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Karen

Day Spa in London?

Hi seasoned travelers!<BR>I did a search on this site for any day spas in London and turned up zilch.<BR><BR>One thing I would like to do on my vacation is go somewhere for a couple of hours and have a facial and a massage.<BR><BR>I will be staying in the Mayfair area.<BR><BR>Also- on a different note- being a fan of Agatha Christie- would anyone recommend seeing The Mousetrap? After seeing what is playing at theaters now in London- nothing really appealed to me. I know this is probably a tried and true show- any comments??<BR>TIA!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Patrick

There is a spectacular women's spa on Foral Street in Covent Garden. It is highly regarded. I have recommended it before, but know that it is quite expensive. I only know it because the flat I rent is practically right across the stree. They have a website you can check out.<BR><BR>The Mousetrap has been running forever, but no doubt is a well done production. I would not hesitate to see it if that is the kind of show you like. Frankly, as a real theatre goer, right now I find little I'm really excited about as well. So many long running shows I've seen, or else rehashed Broadway shows. But there really are some good shows as well. What kind of theatre do you enjoy and when will you be there? Maybe we can help you find something more exciting.<BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Karen

Thanks Patrick- you are always so helpful and sweet in replying to me!!<BR><BR>I will be there in London 3Feb (arriving 945 am)leaving the 8th for the south of France.<BR><BR>One night I would like to see a play-one night a service at Westminster and/or St. Paul's and one night dining in my hotel. That leaves one night open- maybe just relaxing after a day of sightseeing!<BR>Do you think I should do a search on the theater the Moustrap is in? I am sure I could buy tickets on-line and be sure to get a good seat??!<BR><BR>Patrick- can we endorse web sites here?<BR>After going to a lot of them referred here at Fodors talk- I found one that gave the best price of all on airline tickets? I don't want to break any rules here......but I would like to share this web site! TIA

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Patrick

While advertising is forbidden here, I take that to mean a person advertising his or her own business, but there is nothing wrong with posting the website of a place you feel worthy. Go for it.<BR><BR>Regarding Mousetrap, I do know that it is never sold at the halfprice booth, so I would suggest calling the theatre and booking direct. Of course, the earlier you call the better the seats are likely to be. Like most London theatres, I'm sure they'll take a credit card by phone and hold the tickets at the box office until performance at no charge. Still the best option, as far as I'm concerned, for advance sales. Buying tickets on line is usually only available through brokers and you are likely not to get the best seats or the best price. I'd suggest you call the theatre directly during regular hours.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 04:24 AM
kathy

Patrick -- can you give us the name of the on Foral Street? Thanks very much.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 04:37 AM
David

It's Called the Sanctuary web address:<BR><BR>http://www.thesanctuary.co.uk/

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Patrick

I just spotted the question about the name. Can't believe I didn't give it. Went to google to find the web address and by the time I got back here, I see David already gave the info.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:56 AM
donnae

Karen<BR>On a different note, as an Agatha Christie fan, there is a book called Agatha Christie's London, it gives you areas of London to visit that pertain to her books.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Nigel Doran

Try the Boots flagship shop in Kensington. They have a good day-spa area, where you can get massage, facials, chiropody, manicure etc. etc. <BR><BR>www.wellbeing.com

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Karen

Here is the web site I wanted to tell you all about- I went to A LOT of web sites looking for the best priced airfare- and these guys had the best!<BR><BR>www.travelselect.com<BR><BR><BR><BR>http://www.travelselect.com/cgi-bin/starter.cgi

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 06:53 AM
AnnaC

I can personally recommend the Sanctuary very highly. It is a lovely relaxing place to unwind. As I recall, it costs about &pound;70 for a day's membership, and any treatments are on top of that. But, you can get an evening membership some days in the week for only &pound;40. Again treatments are on top of that, but just relaxing in the pools, sauna, etc, is enough. The evening membership runs from 5pm to 10pm and is a great way to unwind after a busy day.<BR><BR>And no, I'm not in any way affiliate to them - just a very happy customer. I went there with some friends for an evening a couple of weeks before my wedding last year to chill and unwind and it was lovely.