Da Vinci to Rome Train Station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will need to leave friends at da Vinci Airport Departure Terminal and go on alone to catch a train for Florence via the train to Rome's Terminal. Uneasy about how far I'll have to roll my own luggage from that departure terminal to wherever the express station is - whether there are stairs to go up and down.Once I get to the Rome station I'll be fine. I can get by with fractured Italian and still love to ride the trains at age 78! Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 12:52 AM

JS - It's about a 5 mins walk.

I don't remember any change in level - but if there is, there are lifts/escalators for those who need them - as in any airport. No worries

Steve

Old Jun 9th, 2006, 02:38 AM

I think you may find that you are rolling your luggage farther once you arrive at Termini than you will be at the airport.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 03:54 AM

The Leonardo Express terminal is on an upper level at FCO. You have the option of elevators, stairs or ramps to get up there. You then take a bridge across the street; I would estimate the distance as about two average city blocks.

Once you get to Termini, it's roughly a quarter mile from where the Express stops until you reach the main terminal area. There are moving sidewalks on the lower level.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 04:08 AM
ira

Hi js,

Here is a map of Rome TE showing where the LDV express arrives. Click "areas".
http://www.romatermini.it/indexf.cfm

Hal is correct re getting to the train at FCO.

Have a nice visit.

Old Jun 9th, 2006, 10:43 AM

Steve is semi right. You go down stairs or esclator walk go up one ditto and walk some more he must have very long legs to make it in 5 min <G> I would say its more like 10min and can be 15 if you happen to hit a big rush. Getting the ticket is easy. Be sure you punch it in the ticket deal. Walk down the platform a way and get on near the front as that is the end that pulls into the station and you have another 5 min walk to main platforms.