Croatia ferry questions

Search

Croatia ferry questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Croatia ferry questions

We are thinking of traveling from Dubrovnik up the coast of Croatia by ferry in April. Is this possible? Will the weather be a problem?

I have not been able to get the ferry company website to respond. I'm trying http://www.jadrolinija.hr -- is there a better address?

Thanks for the benfit of your experience.

GG
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 12:29 AM

Jadrolinija's coastal service runs twice weekly, summer and winter, from Dubrovnik to Rijeka via Korcula, Hvar (Stari Grad) and Split. The Dubrovnik-Split journey is by day and the Split-Rijeka sector is overnight. The ships have cabins, restaurants, bars, lounges and open decks.
If you can't access Jadrolinija's website, the schedule is also on their UK agents' website (www.viamare.com).
Jadrolinija also runs numerous local ferries to the islands: there are services from Split to Hvar, for example, several times every day. Schedules are on Jadrolinija's website.
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, Geoff. Would we be able to manage getting ferries, finding accommodations, etc. in April if we just start out with no reservations?

Gigi
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 02:14 AM

April is way outside the tourist season, and Easter next year is in March. The only problem is that some seaside hotels will be closed, but I can't imagine you'd have any problems finding accommodation. I've been to Croatia in June, September and December without any advance bookings, and had no problems finding accommodation.
There are good bus services along the coast linking the ferry ports. This is a list of departures from Dubrovnik:
www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.swf
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Geoff!