cristal cruise ship, louis cruiseline

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are taking a 7-day cruise, visiting the Greek Isles and Turkey. Has anyone cruised on the new ship Cristal (Louis)? We are mainly using the cruise for transportation and convenience. Also, I might add, we are doing Athens and Santorini on our own.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 09:44 AM

Louis Lines is refusing to raise the Sea Diamond, forcing the Greek Government to seek a legal solution. Their executives are being threatened with arrest and fines, but they will not take the steps necessary to remove the fuel in the ship before it leaks out into the sea and will not remove the ship from where it rests on a shelf below the cliffs. Are you sure you want to give your money to a company that has no intention of taking responsibility for its actions and by refusing is endangering the beauty of Santorini not to mention the shoreline and the wildlife habitats there?
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 10:10 AM

have not cruised on the Cristal but did use Louis Cruise Lines in 2005, our ship was the Perla and it was a dump, just be sure you get what you're expecting. The cruise was lovely, islands amazing but we had very little time in most ports so did not get a good feel of the islands. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer but just want you to check further when using Louis Cruise Lines.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

I read some responses in reference to the Perla but the Cristal is a new ship this year and I thought perhaps it would be in pretty good shape to sail. This form of transportation to Turkey (Istanbul 2 nights and a visit to Ephesus and Rhodes) would be enjoyable and convenient. We have been to Greece several times so additional time on some of the Islands is not an issue. I hope Louis Lines raises the Diamond but I paid for the cruise before i knew about the Diamond problem. Mea Culpa!!
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:48 AM

Has anyone recently been on the cruise ship, Cristal?