Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Crete! Casa Delfino or Casa Leone around Easter ?

Old Aug 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We are down to these two hotels for 5 nights in late April. We will be there during the Greek Easter time. The Leone was less expensive, but Fodor readers seem to love the Delfino? What's a girl to do?
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We stayed in Casa Leone and loved it. Charming room with a huge terrace overlooking the harbor. Antonia, the manager, is a delight and extremely helpful with anything you need. We also considered staying at Casa Delfino and decided to take a chance with Casa Leone and save quite a bit of money. Glad we did. While in Chania we popped into Casa Delfino to check it out -- it's alot larger and more upscale. Seemed to be lovely, but we were still happy we had chosen Casa Leone. Be sure to check out Trip Advisor for reveiws of both places. Have a great trip.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you so much! We booked the Casa Leone! Any suggestions of a great place to eat for my friend's 50th?
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 04:57 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had a wee nosey into Casa Delfino although I've not stayed there. looking at the Leone site, I'd pick it because a)it's smaller and b) it has views over the harbour.

Mind you, we stayed in apartments over the harbour a couple of years ago and it was VERY noisy, especially on Good Friday evening.
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 11:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
seeksocean, sorry, but I can't remember the names of the restaurants where we ate...some were quite good. Several also had music which made for a fun evening. I do remember being advised not to eat along the harbor itself. We had drinks or snacks in those restaurants, but never had a meal there. I'm sure if you do another post on Fodors asking for restaurant names you'll get some. Also if you email Antonia at Casa Leone and tell her what you're looking for, I'm sure she will have recommendations. Which room did you reserve?
In terms of the noise, we were there last September and we were pleasantly surprised that we did not hear noise in our room. Chania was very crowded, but because Casa Leone is really away from the main part of the harbour, there didn't seem to people as many people hanging out in the area in front of it.