Reload this Page >

Couscous in Paris?

Search

Couscous in Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 03:53 PM
z

Couscous in Paris?

We'll be in Paris the first week of November. Does anyone have a favorite couscouserie to recommend?<BR><BR>We're renting an apartment in the 15eme arr. but will be out and about a lot.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Wendy

ATLAS in the 5th arrondissement, can't remember the avenue, is wonderful! Also MANSOURIA in the 11th, offers several different kinds of couscous and tangines, all really delicious. Bon appetit!

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 05:38 PM
jeanne

I'm going next week and would like to know more. I know was couscous is, but I don't know about a coucouserie? What else do they serve?

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 08:29 PM
z

My French isn't good but I think a couscouserie is a restaurant that serves couscous, as opposed to a couscousiere which is the special dish used to cook couscous.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 04:35 AM
francesca

L'Atlas is on blvd St Germain and is on my list to try. I loved Mansouria! Another good place near Montparnasse is La Table de Fez on rue St Beuve. You do need to reserve.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:33 AM
K

We went to Zyriab on the top floor of the Arab Institute (Institut du Monde Arabe: go to www.imarabe.org for location). Very nice and refined restaurant that makes the best couscous and tagine I've had. If you are looking for cheap couscous places, this is not for you, but if you want GREAT couscous, you should go there. Also it has the best view of Paris as well, but the view can be had for free - the Institut has a free observation deck, next to which is the restaurant. Institut also had these really cool windows that opened and closed like a camera depending on the sunlight. Check it out.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Tom

I must be missing something. What is so special about couscous? We have it a couple of times a week. But it at Kroger's. It's all about how you flavor it, right?<BR><BR>Are there tapioqueries in Paris? Do you they prepare it in a tapioquiere?<BR>

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 02:17 PM
kayd

Tom, the posters are talking about the delicious North African stew (vegetarian or with lamb or chicken or garlicky sausage) called couscous, which is served over the grain preparation of the same name, with harissa, the spicy hot pepper paste that you swirl into the tasty broth.<BR><BR>I enjoyed a good couscous lunch at Chez Omar in the 11th, a few blocks from the Picasso museum.<BR>

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Maribel

z,<BR>I'm eager to try Atlas and would just like the second the recommendation of Le Ziriab. The views from atop the Institut du Monde Arabe are really lovely, with or without the meal, and you can also just go for tea in the afternoon, which is what we did.