Search

Costa Fortuna

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Edu
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Fortuna

Have someone taken the eastern mediterranean cruise in the Costa Fortuna? how was it?
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM

First, I though this was a joke -- you know, with the cost of the dollor v. Euro.

But, while I have no experience with that particular ship, I took one cruise with Costa (Atlantica, I think it was). Never again. The food (IMHO) was the pits. Everything seem to be "fake." Not cream or 1/2&1/2 for your coffee, whipped "creme" on the desserts starchy soups....
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 01:05 PM

May I suggest that you go to cruisecritic.com and pose your question there. You'll probably have a better chance of getting responses. You might even find someone who would be/will be on your same sailing!

I did a Costa ship waaaaaayyyyy back in the 70's from Miami to the Bahamas. Ships have changed a LOT since then!!!

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM

Hi Edu: DH and I took a Costa cruise a few years ago and found it to be horrible. We have cruised the Carribean before and, while we enjoy trips to Europe more, we have enjoyed the cruises. However Costa was just a bad experience. The food was pretty awful and that horrible stuff that passes for cream in the horrible coffee still leaves a foul taste in my mouth thinking of it. Over all the entertainment and everything on the ship was just boring. I was ready to throw myself overboard and swim for shore after only two days. Thank goodness we had 7 days in Italy at the end of the trip to look forward to or I might have really jumped overboard.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 06:52 AM

ttt