COSTA MED CRUISE INFO

Search

COSTA MED CRUISE INFO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:00 AM
PattyThurston

COSTA MED CRUISE INFO

Hi!
Considering the Costa Mediterranea out of Venice this summer or fall.
Has anyone sailed this cruise? Or any Costa cruise around Italy?
I have read some negative posts in the past about the cruise line in general, smoking everywhere, bad food etc.
Is October too chilly? August too hot?
Any experiences you can pass along to me would be appreciated

Thanx, Patty T

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patty, Nancy Norris just got off the new Mediterranea and did a thorough review of her at

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Costa/C...iterranea1.htm

Overall, she really liked a lot about her. You should have a great cruise.

Tom Ogg
http://www.CruiseReviews.com
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 05:47 AM

We have twice cruised the Med. in Oct. The weather was very cold in Venice on Nov. 1st. our last day. Otherwise it was quite cool, for us, that is, since we live in S. Fla. !!
Whatever you have heard about Costa is true. My family used the new Atlantica over Xmas. The food was horrible. Bland, hardly ever hot and tasteless.
I used Costa for a Baltic cruise, 2 years ago and found the same thing. Forget meat dishes. Pasta was the only decent dish. And cigarette smoke, ugh.!
75% of the passengers were Italian. Getting on and off the tenders was a shoving match. Standing in line is meaningless. After the 3 language announcements, one cannot hear the English version.And so on. Try Princess, Celebrity, Radisson, any line except Costa.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 08:38 AM
PattyThurston

Thank you for giving me your opinions. Iam grateful to you. I think we will skip the cruise idea and go back to the Rick Steves type trip in Italy. I just hate to drag luggage all over and love to cruise, but with the cancelling of Istanbul on some lines, and Costa being reasonable, 7day and rdt Venice, that was my only choice...so thats that, i guess!
Iam not traveling half way across the world to get stuck on a dissapointing cruise.And it would be if it was like the above post, and ive read many like that about Costa.

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 07:57 AM

I have cruised Costa twice since 1973. My very first cruise was on the Costa Flavia, I thought it was fabulous because I had nothing to compare it to. I cruised the Costa Romantica in Nov 1996 and did not like it. The food was mediocre and the ship was very stark looking. I like luxury and European ships are not luxurious. I would never cruise Costa again. One persons opinion.