Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Just returned from Western Carribean Costa Cruise

Jan 13th, 2003, 09:27 AM
cd

We found the ship to be of definite first class quality. Glitzy, but really beautiful. The meals were just so-so, except for the appetizers that were superb. Most of the staff were service oreinted. Will be glad to answer any questions.

Jan 16th, 2003, 02:03 PM
myles

which ship were you on.

Jan 16th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Paul Therault

It's not glitzy, it's Italian. Why do you think their flag is red and green?

Paul

Jan 17th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Connie

My neighbors sailed Costa and raved about it. It is now thier favorite line over HAL. The only complaint she had was announcements in several different languages...

Jan 17th, 2003, 08:13 AM
cd

We were on the CostaAtlantica and would sail with her again. The ship is truly beautiful and of quality construction. The CostaVictoria was docked beside of us in Ft Lauderdale and we noticed she has no balconies. The Atlantica has many balconies and for us that is important. The announcements are given in other than English but we did not mind. Of the over 2000 cruisers, 1000 were Americans so a lot of countries were represented.

Jan 17th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Patricia

Sailed them in Italy around the mediterannean and loved them. The Europeans were a blast to spend a week with....so much fun! I'd highly recommend Costa, at least in Europe! They do know how to party! Excellent, nice, I'd highly recommend this line.

Jan 18th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Paul Thearult

Costa is definitely one of my favorite cruise lines. The Cafe Florian my favorite hang-out - just beautiful along with the Itialian music. Like being in St. Mark's Square. I do not know why people complain about the food, my family loved it. Must be a matter of taste.

Too bad the Italian Street Festivals and Toga night are not done in Europe. Best entertainment at sea and they really cater to children.

Truly a 5-star cruise line.

Paul