Costa Brava:Hotel Sant Roc or Hotel Llevant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're trying to decide between these two hotels for our mid-June trip. Both sound nice and have gotten mostly very good reviews. The Sant Roc is 95 euros a night and the Llevant is 128 (their cheaper room for 108 isn't available both nights, but we could have it one night and switch).

Can anyone offer an opinion about the respective towns (Calella da Pallafrugell and Llafranc), beaches, restaurants or anything that might tip the balance? We're on somewhat of a budget but would spent the little bit extra if the Llevant were really worth it.

Thanks so much!
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM

Palafrugell is inland (6 km), while Llafranc is on the coast, thus the difference in price. I'd suggest you see what you can find in Begur.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM

Robert, Calella de Palafrugell is not Palafrugell I know because a friend of my mom lives in Palafrugell and has a house at Calella de Palafrugell for the summer
The hotels..I think the price difference is because Llevant Hotel is right at the beach and inside the town of llafranc. Sant Roc Hotel is located near the beach but of the town, a bit isolated, the location is beautiful though. If you have a car, there's no problem to get the San Roc. Both look very similar.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 07:51 PM

My mistake. Sometimes I forget. That's why they make maps and GPS devices.

It is Calella "of" Palafrugell, south of Llafranc, not the actual village of Palafrugell itself. They are considered "twin resorts". I stand corrected.

I liked Fornells and Sa Tuna a little better, but that may be because of all of the construction going on in the area this past winter.
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Do you happen to know if there's still a lot of construction going on in Calella de Pallafrugell? (That is where you were referring to, correct?)

As for Begur, do you have any hotel recommendations?

Thanks.
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 09:17 AM

There was a lot of construction going on this past winter, underground parking garage, road improvements, utilities, new mega houses, etc.

We where staying at the Parador, but "discovered" the Bliss Begur Hotel (http://www.blissbegurhotel.com/) one day while walking around the village. It's an excellent small hotel with comfortable rooms and is well located.