Reload this Page >

Cost of tour guide in Istanbul?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Phyllis

Several messages have recommended hiring an individual tour guide in Istanbul. Can you tell me the approximate cost and what was included?<BR><BR>Thank you.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 10:06 PM
debby

Why don't you write and ask yourself to some of them?<BR>Deb<BR><BR><BR>Message: Write to: TAN or PINAR TURAN<BR>Here is the e-mail of them.<BR>[email protected]<BR><BR>ABC<BR><BR>< BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: Donna Lucchesi ([email protected])<BR>Date: 09/13/2002, 10:05 pm<BR>Message: Contact Sezgin and Tijen Demirci of Sardunya Travel, Kusadasi, Turkey at [email protected]. Their website is toursturkey.com. They can recommend a private guide and make your arrangements via the internet. Their prices are very reasonable and their services are excellent. If you'd like my personal experience with these wonderful people, feel free to contact me directly.<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: Katherine Mistilis ([email protected])<BR>Date: 09/16/2002, 06:28 pm<BR>Message: The English speaking tour guide that I have used several times is Ali Yalniz. His email address is [email protected] and<BR>his web address iswww.tourali.com.I cannot recommend him highly enough. We were there March 2002 and going again in March 2003.<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: kay ([email protected])<BR>Date: 09/17/2002, 05:10 pm<BR>Message: I just returned from Turkey this past Saturday. We used Suleyman Tirasoglu as our guide. He and his (American) wife have their own little company called InSight Travel. He was good but he smokes if that bothers you (it does me) although he's fairly considerate about it. His card has an email address of [email protected] He also provided a van and driver which was hugely helpful.<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 12:00 PM
michael

I was just in Istanbul for Thanksgiving<BR>with 3 friend. Guide cost us each $25/day for walking tour and $35/day when we needed a minivan. I'll try to post his website at a later date, don't have it available now. His name was Levant and he was TERRIFIC. We stayed at a small hotel in the Sultanahmet area called the Allstar Acura. Perfect location small rooms (cruiseship cabin size). Paid $67/nite inc breakfast from Cheaprooms.com

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:11 AM
abc

Dear Phyllis,<BR><BR>It depends on the tour guide. If they are really good knowladge of Turkey they coast you $200 a day. Some others may charge you $100 a day. If you want to get more information go to <BR>http://www.tureb.org.tr this is the web page of United Guide of Turkey. You may not find an English web page but If you click &quot;HIZLI REHBER ARAMA&quot; on the right-top of the page that link you to the page that you can search the guide. or you can write to:<BR>[email protected] and write to Serif Yenen the President of IRO (The Commerce of Istanbul Guide) I am sure they will find guide for you.<BR>I hope this helps your trip in Turkey<BR><BR>ABC

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Gary

We were in Istanbul in September and it was wonderful because of the athmosphere and our tour guide.Istanbul is a fascinating city , especially old city.Our tour guide was really well educated about Turkey and he made our visit in Turkey remarkable.His name was Umit.He has also his own web-site named www.mysticturkey.com .The cost was $100 US per-day.