Search

Cornwall Boring

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cornwall Boring

Just stayed in the countryside outside St Ives for a long weekend.

Boring beautiful views but it is like watching paint dry, nothing was happening and until next spring when the flowers come out nothing will, give me a city anytime.

London, New York or Hong Kong, people traffic, bars theatres Restraunts etc, they are vibrant multi cultural cetres of life, how can you not be facinated.

What do you thing scenary or excitement.

By the way Cornwall closed at 11pm.
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 07:10 AM

This is like whingeing that you couldn't go skiing on holiday in Florida.

What on earth were you expecting?
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 07:25 AM

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Cornwall but I've got to agree with FlannerUK. Cornwall is beautiful precisely because it is the complete anthithesis to London. Wonderful sea air, stunning scenery, fabulous seafood, easy pace of life. I admit the weather at this time of year though is a lottery.
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 08:47 AM

Are you a completely ignorant idiot or just utterly brainless?

London, New York, and Hong Kong are large multi-million populated cities, they are centres of culture, and finance. Of course, they have a twenty-four hour lifestyle as a result of this.

Cornwall, is attractive, with not too many distractions, the pace is laid back, it's relaxing. It's for people who don't want to be doing too much. If you went to Cornwall expecting vibrant nightlife, you're even more of an idiot than if you're merely pretending to be one. Sometimes walking along a beach hand in hand with someone under the moonlight is far more exciting than sipping Cosmos at the Met Bar.

Out of curiousity, please tell us, do you shop at Chloe and Celine expecting menswear?
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 08:57 AM

Hmm...it's interesting that on a previous post (ignoring your rather disgraceful, basically homophobic comments), you state that there is only one place to stay in England and that's London. Clearly that's very much your preference for a holiday - vibrant, hectic cities. So why on earth did you even GO to Cornwall?!?!?
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Original Poster

It was not my choice to go to Cornwall, one has to bow to ones partners choice occasionally, I did not go thinking it would be exciting I knew I would be bored.

I merely posted my observations about spending time in Cornwall or a big city, not expecting everyone to agree with me.

Because I have not got the same opnion as m_kingdon2 it does not make me a complete ignorant idiot or utterly boring indeed the ignorance of his/her message speaks volumne for the lack of inteligence of the individual concerned.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:18 AM

Oh my, John. I've had a look at some of your other posts, and it seems that no matter what question is posed, be it "where can I find the best cappucino in Florence" or "what's a great day trip outside London", your answer is always "LONDON. LONDON. STAY HERE. WHY WOULD YOU EVER GO ANYWHERE ELSE???"

Now, I'm never one to slag off London, after all I choose to live here, but isn't a change of pace nice sometimes? You do seem a little obsessive. Sometimes we all need a breather.

I'll be spending Christmas in Cornwall and I can't WAIT to get out of this city. Apart from anything else, there'll be a hell of a lot more life going on in Fowey at that time than there will be in the Square Mile.

Come on John, wake up and smell the sea air!
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:26 AM

"Because I have not got the same opnion as m_kingdon2 it does not make me a complete ignorant idiot or utterly boring indeed the ignorance of his/her message speaks volumne for the lack of inteligence of the individual concerned"

Coming from the person who expects a collection of small towns and villages to have the "excitement" of London. You still haven't answered my question: Do you shop at Celine and wonder why all the clothes are for women?
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:44 AM

Sorry you didn't find enough excitement is a place know for a relaxed atmosphere, scenery, etc. I am sure you were a real joy to be with on the trip.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Sylvia

I'm very amused by this. Last time we were in the Scilly Isles we overheard some concerned parents talking in the newsagents. It seemed that some young bloods had gone to mainland Cornwall for the evening and had misbehaved themselves.
The idea of going to the bright lights of Cornwall for a wild night out is a lovely thought.

Old Oct 20th, 2004, 04:59 AM

Oh Margie, good point, we've all forgotten about his poor girlfriend!!
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 07:13 AM

This post has achieved something remarkable: I find I cannot disagree with "m_kingdom2". The original post was one of the most idiotic I've seen for a long time.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 07:22 AM

I'm so, so , so sorry for you partner.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 07:50 AM

I see the picture now:
You've griped and griped to your girlfriend about how boring the place was, making her feel bad for her choice and you get no sympathy from her.

SO

You come here to gripe about it to us.

I'm sorry, dude, you get no sympathy from me.