CORDOBA need help

Search

CORDOBA need help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CORDOBA need help

Hello all, we are going to spain in march. We are definetly visiting Cordoba. My question is should we spend a few days there. or should we just visit it doing a day trip from seville.

Either we can stay 2 days in Cordoba. or instead add 1 extra day to seville and ronda.

We are travelling with 2 small chidren and so far our itenary has us visting \
granada (3 days)
ronda 2 days
arcos 2 days
cordoba 2 days
seville 4 days
thanks vic.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM

IMHO Ronda is cute, but it's a small town and one day there is plenty. Cordoba has much more to see and do.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM

I used to travel with our children.
From my personal point of view I would spend
Granada 3 days
Cordoba 2 days and Seville 6 days and if you must 2 in Arcos or Ronda.
In summary because of the children I would cancel at least one place , either Ronda or Arcos.
nytraveler is right on the dot both are cute.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM

I'm no Spain expert, having been there only 3-4 times, but I think you've allotted too much time for Granada, Ronda, AND Cordoba. Well, maybe not Cordoba, which you could stretch to 2 days after seeing the mosque and the main sights.

But 3 days in Granada would be too much for me, and 2 days in Ronda also.

How about amplifying your trip to include a bit of the Costa Brava, or somewhere south of Sevilla for 2 days?

I'm sure Maribel could help. As I said, I'm no expert, and I don't even like Spain all that much, but it does seem to me you've got too much time in places that really only merit a day or two.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:42 PM

We are just back from that loop. We fly into Madrid and home from Malaga. Our schedule was Madrid - 2 nights, Corboda - 1 night, Sevilla and Granada - three night each.

There isn't a whole lot in Cordoba other than the Mezquita and the Alcazar. We arrived mid afternoon and used a hotel just around the corner from the Mezquita. Slipped into the Mesquita around four stayed till closing -- 7 PM? Next morning was in the Alcazar when it opened at ten, done by 1 PM or so, went across street to the baths. Nicely done but small and quickly seem. Had lunch and catch a 3 PM train to Seville. I don't think there was much let to see.

Three days in Sevilla and Granada was adequate but there was things to do there especially in Granada. I disagree with the earlier posting about Granada. The Alhambra can easily take a whole day. I am not familiar with Ronda and Arcos so cannot comment.

We found Spain very interesting because it less European because of the heavy Moorish influence. We will return to Sevilla and Granada in the next few years.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 10:53 PM

Cordoba is ok for a daytrip from Sevilla.

Apart of the mosque and alcazar, there are the ruins of Medina Azahara in the outskirts.

http://english.turismodecordoba.org/index2.cfm

http://english.turismodecordoba.org/...dina%20Azahara

http://www.andalucia.com/magazine/en...d4/madinat.htm

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/cultu...jsp&lng=en

Old Jan 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
kja

Hi, montrealvic -

I think you plan sounds good! I found more than enough to keep me busy in Cordoba for 2 days - but it really depends on what you want to see and do. I agree with others that one day is enough for Ronda.